Finding and clicking on the text takes too long

Hello everyone,

I’ve been struggling with following situation - I have a table in IE where I need robot to click on specific variables (contract numbers), one by one, and download the attachment linked to them.

The problem is that it takes way too long until the robot finds the right variable on the page and clicks on it. It’s much slower than when user does it, it takes 20-30 seconds, but eventually it always finds it.
However this delay in clicking and downloading is unacceptable for me, can anyone give any advice?

Thanks in advance!
Magda

1 Like

@MagdaB

Why cant you use HTTP Request for downloading.

Refer this

Regards
Mahesh

Thank you, but I don’t think this solution is applicable due to security reasons and some web certificates. The files I am downloading don’t have direct URL.

Hey @MagdaB

Try changing the WaitForReady property to NONE!

@MagdaB

Try by Reducing TImeOutMS property to 500 to 600.

Regards,
Mahesh

It might be slow if you are using Find or Click Text, especially if you use OCR or Image activities.
So what I would normally suggest is use Click element and use the variable in the selector like for aaname for example.

That would be my suggestion, but I’m not completely sure what your issue is if that doesn’t help.

Regards.

1 Like

Thank you. I changed Click Text to Click element with variable in the selector, but it’s still quite slow :frowning:

1 Like

Did you try changing WaitForReady to NONE or COMPLETE?

Has anyone managed to solve this issue? I’m facing the same problem here and no more ideas to solve it out. :thinking:

Can you provide more details, por favor?

Sometimes it’s the browser or application causing the slowness, and what has helped me is when that is the case, use WaitForReady to “None”

It’s exactly the same issue of MagdaB. I have a table in IE and need to click one by one to download the attachment linked to them. The robot finds the element, but it takes too long. I’ve tried all the clues you guys have posted in here, but unsuccessfully. The page also needs certificates to login and uses ‘aspx’ extension. I’m wondering if this could be the reason why it takes too long searching for the element on the page. I really don’t know what else to do. :woman_shrugging:

If you have enterprise version, you should escalate it to support maybe, because they can help directly. https://www.uipath.com/company/contact-us/contact-technical-support

I think you might need someone to directly look at it, cause some of these we applications are tricky to get working right. I feel like I would just be guessing without actually looking at the site.

Regards.