Find Text/ Double Click Text in Chrome

Hi All

I’ve built a proof of concept process in Chrome and am having issues FINDing and DOUBLE CLICK’ing text. I’ve got an OCR process working but I’m not getting a higher enough success rate.

I get the following Workflow Exception:
"
Source: Double Click Text
Exception Type: NotImplementedException
"
I’ve just tried the text find/ double click in IE and it works fine.

Is there a known issue with text FIND/ CLICK processes in Chrome ( I do have the Chrome extension installed.)

Cheers

3 Likes

Hi,
Works for IE not for Chrome hmm :thinking:
Do you mind trying Chrome Extension Troubleshooting guide.

Experiencing the same “Click Text” problem with Mozilla. Changed it to “Click” after it.

Exception Type: NotImplementedException.

:frowning:

In my case, whilst it did turn out that my Chrome settings weren’t optimized for UIPATH, changing them didn’t fix the issue.
It turned out that the text field I was attempting to find/ click must have had some rendering issue. I opted to find an alternative text field which did read fine and to offset click from there.

All part of the learning curve. :wink:

2 Likes

@james.davies I get the same error with Chrome on a VM, but it affects anything when I select set mouse position. Did you ever solve the issue?

@ddpadil I get the same error above with Chrome developing on the VM where the UI elements are accessible, but it affects anything when I select set mouse position. I went through the trouble shooting guide, any other suggestions?

What was your solution?

I’m having the same problem with finde text position, click text and double click text on Google Chrome

I am having the same problem here.
Do you guys have some website to test the double click mechanism?
I am not sure which one is not working, the UiPath or the website itself.

I have same problem in chrome, but it works in IE.

Thanks for reports, our team is informed and will look into it.

1 Like

Any update on the issue ?

Hi @DVM

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

I cannot say more other that it will be resolved in the future. Sometimes bugs that seems simple to fix need to be bundled together with a bigger improvement. I’m sure our team is doing their best to bring these improvements into the product :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! Did you get any update on this?

None, other than they are working on it…

I had the same problem … my solution was working with Click OCR

I have the same issue regarding Click Text

System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

I have the same problem

18.3.3+Branch.master.Sha.dad278851683d948236b522f6a0c8dd584803e65

Source: click (click)

Exception Type: System.NotImplementedException

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
at System.Activities.Statements.Throw.Execute(CodeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Please try now on the latest version of Studio 2019.10 and latest activity packages. It should be fixed now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to keep you updated that this still doesnt work. Can you please let us know the status of the fix?

Using:
2019.10.0 beta .484 community edition

Activity packages
Uipath.Systems.Activities v19.10.1