Find Text/ Double Click Text in Chrome

Hi @saikumar1

Welcome back :slight_smile:

Could you give it a try on the stable 2019.10.0 version and the respective 2019.10 UiAutomation package?

Thank you for the warm welcome, hope times have been fun on your side!
Can you direct me to the steps where I can learn to downgrade from a beta version please?

It should normally auto-update after you switch to the Stable channel in the backstage view of Studio:

Otherwise, you can get the stable edition from here:
https://platform.uipath.com/portal_/resourceCenter

Alright, I wish we both had better news. But it doesnt work. Can you give it a try please?

I have
19.10.0-ce UiAutomation package

2019.10.1 stable version of Studio, community edition(dont see option to go to 2019.10.0)

Any luck with this please?

Thanks, we will investigate it!

Good morning @loginerror, do you have an ETA or bug tracker for this issue please?
Effectively my observation is that several of the Image related activities have been hit.(click image timeout, image exists timeout)

Appreciate your input. And apologies for the human like desperation.

Hi @saikumar1

Unfortunately, I couldn’t fine any specific ETA for this issue, other than the fact that it’s been recognized as a defect and our team will fix it.

Thank you very much! Is there a place where public can see the list of defects please?

As of now, I don’t think so. But thanks to feedback like yours, we will consider our options here for the future :slight_smile:

Also seen this issue when use Click Text in the Google Chrome.

Experienced the same issue today, some click actions were not working correctly so switched them to Click Text and now get the ‘not implemented’ error in Chrome.

Several months later, I am also having this issue where I cannot click text in Chrome - it returns an error before it even runs. Unfortunately, I cannot use a different browser. Suggestions?

Hi @lskladzi

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

The issue is scheduled to be fixed with our incoming 20.4 release.

Thank you! When will 20.4 be released? It looks from the note at the top of the forum that April is only 20.3?

20.3 is already released for Community Edition. 20.4 will be released in April.

Thrilled to see that 20.4 is released. I am an Enterprise edition user, and I read in the help docs that I am supposed to run the MSI to update it. But… where do I get the MSI? I would like to update ASAP so I can finally use UIPath with the “click text in Chrome” bug fixed.

For now it is only a Community Edition Preview. The Enterprise edition 2020.4 is not yet released (so you won’t get access to the MSI installer just yet).

Actually, that’s not true - I believe it is still possible to test out the MSI Enterprise version by joining the Insider Program here:

This is a Nov 2017 reported problem. Did you intend to resolve it?

1 Like

I have the Enterprise edition (thanks to the Insider Program) but I am continuing to get an error “text was not found.” I have tried typing in the text, in quotes of course, and also using “indicate element inside browser”, but neither works.

Detailed error message:
RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Core.Activities.TextNotFoundException: Text was not found
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)