"Find all anchor elements"

Dear community

I’m not sure, if I understand the question correctly and that’s why I’m reaching out to you. There is a quiz question asking “how can you find all anchor elements in a web page”. I would simply say “Find element” however, I’m not sure what is ment by “anchor element”. Is it a text field? Is it ment the “relative position” or anything else? Apologies, but I’m not a native english speaker and that’s probably the issue here…

2 Likes

Anchor element is an element which is containing link.

An anchor is a piece of text which marks the beginning and/or the end of a hypertext link. The text between the opening tag and the closing tag is either the start or destination (or both) of a link. Attributes of the anchor tag are as follows.
<a href="www.google.com">Google</a>

To find all anchor tag you have to use “find children” activity and pass in its filter property that tag so it will return all anchor tags on that page.

For example workflow search it on forum

Regards…!!

3 Likes

In what lesson or video was this functionality explained?

False. Anchor element is an element that can be referenced via a stable selector. You can reference “unstable” UI elements relative to an anchor instead of using a full selector.

9:25

1 Like

ahh forgot about Anchor IN UiPath that activity just because of web developer perspective just understood that as a anchor tag :stuck_out_tongue:

So what is 'Find all anchor elements" question in the test actually refer to? Finding all anchor (as in - stable) elements in a page is counterproductive and can’t be done from any activity. Possible answers also suggest that it’s what @aksh1yadav mentioned, since all answers refer to a way of finding an element or group of elements.

3 Likes

In fact, the own questions gives you the answer. It mentions plural nouns “all” and the only one questions that is in plural is “find children”

2 Likes

I got this question and was having difficulty with it. I don’t think the way to answer these questions should depend on the semantics of the way the question was asked you should be able to search for the answer somehow if it hasn’t been fully covered in the training material or you just want to remind yourselves of certain aspects of the training. Even if it’s in the videos themselves you can’t search for the contents of the videos.

@aksh1yadav Hello can “find children” activity be used in HTML tables ?
Thanks!

Yes you can use it for the tables as well

Yes you can @candy25 :slight_smile:

Regards…!!
Aksh