Failed to Launch UI Explorer 2021.10.0

Launching UI Explorer shows “Failed to Launch UI Explorer!” message.

• Issue occurs when launching UiExplorer from Tools menu.
  • Issue occurs when launching from Windows:
    “%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Programs\UiPath\Studio\UiPath.Explorer.Launcher.exe”
  • There are no UiPath error entries in the Application Events log.

Attempts to fix:

• I uninstalled UiPath, remove my UiPath nuget folders, then reinstalled UIPath.

Workarounds
I can start UIExplorer after opening a project (from the Design Menu).

How can I diagnose and/or fix UiPath to start UiExplorer from the Tools menu?

P.S. I am using Studio 2021.10.0 but UiExplorer.exe 21.4.3 (when launched from studio design menu)
A ProcMon sysinternals log shows UiPath.Explorer.Launcher.exe is not finding UiPath.Activities.Contracts (not sure if this matters).

1 Like

@grosner

Hello Gary,
I have the same behavior here.
Best regards
Stefan

Ok, I tested on different machine and I have the same behavior.

1 Like

You are both right, this is not working as it should. We will investigate.

I see you are aware that you can launch UIExplorer from the Design panel while you have a project opened. Keep in mind this will open the UI Explorer with the same version of the UIAutomation package installed into your project. So if you want a different version for Explorer you just need to install a different UIAutomation package.

Thanks,
Alexandru

1 Like

Update: We fixed this and you will see today 2021.10.2 version with the fix included. Stay tuned and thanks again.

2 Likes

Thank you for acknowledging and fixing this issue quickly. UIExplorer is now working from the Tools panel!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.