Fail to use Excel Application Scope with read range

Hi,

I’m trying to use read range within excel application scope. My UiPath version is 2020.4.3 community license and I have Excel 365. However, when I tried to run the sequence in debug mode, I keep getting the assertion failed message (attached) and if I click abort, it will say my excel is not install (but I do have excel installed), any ideas how to solve this? Note, if I use UiPath version 2019.4.4 with excel 365, I can use the read range in excel application scope without any error.

Best,
Sylviaassertion_fail

Install given package and try those activities

Hi ,

Thanks for the advice! The package is already installed and I still got the same error message.

Best,
Sylvia

can you share the screen shot of workflow
?

Hi,

Please see my screenshot attached.

Best,
Sylvia

Now use below activities dont use Excel Application

HI,

Sorry, this might be an obvious answer, but I assume the workflow will look like attached? However, what would you input for query in the find file activity and workbook in the read range since we can’t directly choose the file anymore?

Btw, if I have the use excel application scope, is there a way to fix the error?

Best,
Sylvia

Use read range only in that u need to pass file name and sheet name

HI,

Sorry, I’m not familiar with the read range activity under microsoft 365, do you know if i only use read range without excel application scope, what should I input under the workbook? like a filepath or just the filename string? Cause it says use find file and folder activity to retrieve the driveitem

Best,
sylvia

Use file path and try

HI,

If I use file path

directly, I got compiler error says strings can not be converted to Microsoft.Graph.DriveItem.

Sorry my mistake
use it in microsoft office 365 scope sorry
then use find files and folders and output of that in workbook

HI,
so the process should be like attached?

I’m not sure what to put in the query for the find file activity since I can’t directly enter the file path and I need a VB expression…