Extracting data from images Using OCR

I am trying to extract data from JPG images of same format using OCR but i am able to extract data from only one image and not other images of same format. Can anyone please help me with this issue? Below are the screenshots

Hi @Seema_Jethe,

Please refer this xaml:

GetDataFromImages.xaml (5.2 KB)

Pass your input file path as an argument and test it.

Thanks!

@kadiravan_kalidoss I tried using your workflow but i am unable to get the output

@kadiravan_kalidoss Is there anyway through which i can extract data from almost all images of same type

Hi @Seema_Jethe

Please check if you are able to extract using OmniPage ocr activity.

If activity not available, install the page - UiPath.Omnipage.Activities and check it out.

Once you got the text, you can extract the required data using regex or any kind of string manipulation.

Thanks,

@Boopathi.M I have used omnipage ocr in my flow and i am bale to extract data from one image using omnipage ocr but not from second image of same type. Can u please help me with this issue?

Hi @Seema_Jethe

Could you please provide scaling value in property panel and check if you are getting data for both the images

Thanks

@Boopathi.M What scaling value should i provide and where should i provide the value in properties panel?

Hi @Seema_Jethe

Thanks

@Boopathi.M I tried using scaling as 1 but still i am not able to extract data from second image. do u have some other solution through which i will be able to extract data from all images of same type

Hi @Seema_Jethe most conventional ocr engines are suitable for scanned documents but they don’t provide good results with photos. I recommend using Goggle Cloud Vision OCR it really makes a difference. You can try for free but you will have to pay when reaching 1000 images processed monthly.

Hope it helps!

@dokumentor Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.