Extract datatable from multiple pages returns nothing

Hello, I’m using extract structured data activity to extract datatable from multiple pages and it looks like robot is extracting data (I see him navigate through pages), but at the last page (when there is no next page element) it stops and returns me nothing. I assume it’s because activity can’t find NextLinkSelector and it throws an exception, but because ContinueOnError is set to true it continues, but I hoped it would at least return me what it scraped in previous pages. Now I know a workaround for this problem but I don’t think it’s supposed to work this way.

1 Like

Can you share a webpage where this happens?

It happened doing the advanced training in https://www.acme-test.com/ but it happens everywhere to me.

Hey Timber,

what is the workaround?

Are you extracting data for each page by clicking on Next button using condition Next button exist?

Thanks,
Suresh S

I have the same problem. On the last page it can’t find the ‘NextLinkSelector’ selector and crashes. With ContinueOnError=True it halts for 30 sec and the datatable returns Nothing.

I think this must be a bug!?
My workaround is to scrape to a temporary table without NextLinkSelector, and use element exists on the Next button. Then merge the temp to a final table :stuck_out_tongue:

yes, this is the workaround, it is a known issue for now, it is not decided if we will fix it yet.