Extract/copy data from remote Desktop micro strategy application

Hello Friends,

I would like to copy or extract data from remote desktop application. Is it possible using Ui path robotic tool. If yes, what is the recommended option (Select & copy or Scrape Relative or any other way) get the data from the Desktop application?

Currently I’m trying to extract using Ui path trial version.

If it works then will go for Licenced version.

Could you please suggest!

Is there any possibility to copy the data from Remote Desktop Application?
Waiting for your update…

Thanks
Gks

Hi Kumara,

The short answer would be that you can get data from remote desktop app. I would recommend citrix automation. There are some youtube videos(search “uipath citrix”) to understand how it works and Lesson 7 & 8 in the Academy for more details: workflows, documentation, practical exercises.

Thank you Ovi for your quick response.

I have tried using “Scrape Relative” option to extract the data from remote Dsktop MSY application.
But I got the below error:

It was not getting the selected values from the application.
Could you please help to suggest.

"Main has thrown an exception

Source: Find Image ‘wfica32.exe MicroStrate…’

Exception Type: ActivityTimeoutException

UiPath.Core.Activities.ActivityTimeoutException: Activity timeout exceeded
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)"

Thanks/Gks

Hello Friends,

I’m waiting for your response on this error.
Please let me know, if any inputs required from my end.

Thanks/Kumara