Export a process

Hello,

I just finished working on my first process in UiPath. How can I “send” it to someone so he can run it and see what it does with the least possible effort of him?
I know that the typical method is to install UiPath at his PC, send a zip file of the project’s folder and just run it. but i’m searching for the most simplified, user friendly method to do it.

Eventually, is there a way to run the process without seeing exactly what’s happening? I mean on the screen I can see every activity executing on my web pages. is there a way to do that in the background and just show the final window/website page?

Thank you in advance !

q:
I just finished working on my first process in UiPath. How can I “send” it to someone so he can run it and see what it does with the least possible effort of him?
I know that the typical method is to install UiPath at his PC, send a zip file of the project’s folder and just run it. but i’m searching for the most simplified, user friendly method to do it

Answer:
you may use GITHUB

@allurai_india GitHub will serve for file sharing but i am asking about the execution

@YaraZakaria

We need to install Uipath Robot to run our workflows into that machine and without that we can’t run it.

If you install atleast Robot in that machine then we can connect that machine to Orchestrator then we can trigger our process to run into that machine.

thank you for your reply!

is there a documentation of steps somewhere to do that? till now I had nothing to do with the robot nor the Orchestrator …I used only the studio tools ( I understand that they are somehow executed by the robot but I did not had any manual interference myself with the robot whatsoever). Is publishing is necessary?

and should all the project folder be present on the other machine or for example just the json and the main xaml file?

1 Like

@YaraZakaria

I request you to go through Level 2 Orchestrator training in Academy and am sure this will help you and also in this you will find all required details and documentation about the same.

If you still face any issues then let us know and will help you.

2 Likes

@lakshman

so I managed to run my process on another machine using the orchestrator which is great. however, I still have questions…

1- is it necessary to create a machine and a robot in the orchestrator for each machine that i want to run on it my process? I thought that a floating robot will let me run it on different machines without creating both (robot and machine) for each machine that will run my process.

2- i read a lot about the UiPathPlatformInstaller.exe and UiPathStudio.msi. In my case I want to install only and only the robot on a host machine so I can run the process. everyone is saying that it can be done but I am not figuring out exactly how… I cannot find this UiPathStudio.msi anywhere to install it and when i run the exe it installs everything

Sorry if it was too long but i’m a bit confused here …

2 Likes

I was looking for info about exporting a process to run it in a PC without installing UIPath Studio, and I reached this thread that didn’t have a conclusion.

It seems that UiPathStudio.msi can do the trick, helping you install only the robot to connect it to Orchestrator and run any process. I was also trying to find a place to download it and it seems to be available only for the enterprise version:

If anyone gets to download the MSI installer, this explains how to install only the robot:

That is all the info I could find. I hope it’s helpful for anyone else looking on the matter.

1 Like