Execution error : System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterException: Cannot create unknown type '{http://schemas.uipath.com/workflow/activities}ReadRange

I have an activity in my workflow that reads a workbook (excel file) without needing to have excel installed on the laptop the robot is running on. However since the latest update i now get this error

Any idea what is causing this?

You need the add the excel package in Manage Package :slightly_smiling_face:

On the laptop running the robot all the packages in the packages file are the exact same as those on the laptop it was developed on.

If you don’t have excel in your system, please use Workbook Read range instead of Excel Read Range.

That’s the activity i am using

Please check the below thread.

Already done all that. Activities folder on the laptop running the robot matches the activities folder on the dev laptop.

Try this. Goto Manage package, select excel package, select previous version and install

Sorry. that hasn’t fixed it. Has UI path maybe made it impossible to read spreadsheets without excel with the latest update? It’s just that this robot has been running with no issues for weeks now but i made a change unrelated to the read range activity just after the update and now this is happening.

Hi @lucas.mcgonagle

Could you isolate the issue with a blank project with only the faulty activity?
It would help to debug the issue :slight_smile:

Replaced the system>file>workbook>Read range with an application scope read range. Still saying the same thing but for excel application scope