Excel rows automation

Hello Team,
I have a excel file,
image ,
at a time i worked on starting 2 rows and then i quite,now i want to work on next rows from where i left,how can it be done, Please guide

2 Likes

hmmm wha you mean before when you run your process your excel have two rows. then the next time you run your process the row count is 4 am i correct? @Mayyur

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

1 Like

yes,2 more rows add afterwards

1 Like

Hi @Mayyur

Skip the first two rows in datatable then process rest of the records

@Mayyur Add another column called status maybe. Intitally set the value of all the rows as “unprocessed” . Once u have worked on a few rows, change the status to “processed”. The next time you run the file select only the rows with status as “unprocessed”. This way you will be able to continue from the row where you left of.

Yes,That is one solution,but i dont want to add extra col

Hmmm I think the logic is to creat a handler of the total count of the excel that you process.

For example in this day you process two rows.then put the count in the excel file or notepad if you are not using orchestrator.Then after that if you want to read the excel again just pass the row count that you save to readrange and there you have it.Then update the total rowcount if excel or notepad @Mayyur

cheers :smiley:

Happy learning :smiley:

1 Like

@Mayyur
Inside for each loop
Add a if condition dt.Rows.IndexOf(row)>1

Just note down the last updated row# in a text file… And in the next run read the text file and proceed with next row… This way there is no need to add any new column in excel