Excel 'No Response' error while Write Range

Hello,
Is there any one who knows how to handle 'no response error on excel write range activity?
Through Debug activity, found that data was stored properly on DTvariable.
but it’s getting no answer from excel

(Translated: No Response

@Dorothy_lee

Excel is getting struck while loading? Let me know when you are facing this issue? After write range or before that?

Thanks

1 Like

@Srini84 Yes ! I think it’s before write range .Because when I cancel the process and check there is no data on excel file

@Dorothy_lee

Okay, how many rows of data are present in the DT table?
Also, try to give some delay before and write Range

Hope this may help you

Thanks

1 Like

@Srini84
I think as you mentioned, it’s getting to many rows.
Do you know how to extract Null or “0” value as well from ResDT_Ori(DT) with below code?

If(
(From d In ResDT_Ori.AsEnumerable
Let chk1 = St_Arr_keyword.Any(Function (k1) d(“Description”).toString.Trim.Contains(k1))
Let chk2 = St_Arr_keyword2.Any(Function (k2) d(“In”).toString.Trim.Contains(k2))
Where Not {chk1,chk2}.All(Function (b) b)
Select r=d).Count.Equals(0),
_
Nothing,
_
(From d In ResDT_Ori.AsEnumerable
Let chk1 = St_Arr_keyword.Any(Function (k1) d(“Description”).toString.Trim.Contains(k1))
Let chk2 = St_Arr_keyword2.Any(Function (k2) d(“In”).toString.Trim.Contains(k2))
Where Not {chk1,chk2}.All(Function (b) b)
Select r=d).CopyToDataTable
)

I’ve tried place ‘Delay’ in front of Write Range but still encounter same error.

Hi @Dorothy_lee !

Would you mind trying with the other write range to see if it gives the same error ?

1 Like

@Hiba_B i’ve just tried but getting below error.

Too many rows…

@Hiba_B

Ok thank you.
We will try with 3 different options:

• before the write range, put a read range empty juste before your write range system as explained here
  • do you confirm me that the place where there is this write range, there is no excel application scope that contains the write range system
  • just before the write range, put a kill process and fill it this way (by opening your Task Manager and clicking on Details, you will find how your computer calls Excel app; don’t forget to open Excel so you could find it on your task manager):

If nothing works: is it possible to send us your workflow to analyze it ? Please remove all passwords/private data so we could help :wink:

@Hiba_B

As @Dorothy_lee was working on .xlsm file, Write Range of Workbook won’t work on the same, @Dorothy_lee has to work on the Excel Application scope and Excel activities

Thanks

1 Like

You’re right: I did not notice that she was working with xlsm ! Thank you :grin:
Then @Dorothy_lee you can only try with write range of excel application scope, and only these 2 options should be tried:

• before the write range, put a read range empty juste before your write range as explained here
  • first be sure to remove your write range from any excel application scope. Then put your write range in its own excel application scope, and put a kill process and fill it this way (by opening your Task Manager and clicking on Details, you will find how your computer calls Excel app; don’t forget to open Excel so you could find it on your task manager):

Also: If nothing works, is it possible to send us your workflow to analyze it ? Please remove all passwords/private data so we could help :wink:

1 Like

@Hiba_B wow!!! It’s working !! Thank you so much :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.