Excel issue in UiPath

Hi All,

Getting the below error while calling an xlsm file using Excel application scope . Please help.

02/26/2019 15:22:53
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication…ctor(String workbookPath, String password, Boolean visible, Boolean autoSave, Boolean createNew, String editPassword, Boolean readOnly)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.Execute(NativeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)
UiPath.Excel

Hello,

In Excel settings does the macro is enabled?? If not enable and try again…
If not enabled Go-to settings - trust centre - advanced settings - macros - enable

Thanks,
Meg

Hi,

It is enabled but still the same error is popping.

@ClaytonM
@loginerror

• Please suggest

When opening the file manually, do you get any other popups or messages? If you do, sometimes they can cause issues.

Also, provide a snippet of your Excel Scope activity with properties used, as well as the version of your Excel package used. Those things will be more helpful.

Regards.

Hello Clayton,

Please see the information you seek attached

1. File contains the Excel application scope activity.
  2. It also shows the properties set
  3. “ToolPath” is a variable to store my file path.
  4. This is an Excel Macro file(.xlsm)

Excel package version - UiPath.Excel.Activities: “[2.5.1]”,
UiPath Version - 2016.6655

Please note that that I have 2 servers on which I am running my workflow . One server has 32 bit excel and other server has 64 bit version. On 32 bit version, my RPA works fine, but now when i try to run on 64-bit excel server , It fails.

Also please note that while opening the macro file , we are required to clear browsing history data through our vba code. So as soon the macro is opened, it runs that code.
below is the code

Shell "RunDll32.exe InetCpl.Cpl, ClearMyTracksByProcess 11"

Application.Wait (Now() + TimeValue(20 seconds))

On 64 bit version , Atleast the clear browsing history works , but excel is not opened after that.

Please let me know should you need more details.RPA_ExcelMacro.xlsx (35.1 KB)

Hi , any update ?

@ClaytonM

That Version is like 3 years old. Have you considered upgrading?

It’s also possible that the 32 bit and 64 bit are not supported in the same way by UiPath. I would suggest escalating this question to Tech Support, because I’m not familiar in this area.

Regards.

We are in process of upgrading to a 2018 version. I am not sure if this a version issue or any other issue with excel