Excel could not read range

Hello all, here I having one excel i can not able to read the excel using read range activity.
excel having filter for sheet 1. so the sheet having filter can not able to read. why this so… please suggest me solution. I want to read the data from that sheet 1.

Hello @Bhargavi_Lokapur ,

I hope you are using the Moden design. Plz follow the below steps.

1. Use “use Excel Activity” and select the excel
    2)Use Read range activity and select the sheet to Read. Then provide the output DataTable variable

If you are doing this are you getting any error message? If yes can you share the error and the screenshot of the Flow which you have created.

I want to read the Sheet1. so how could I mention the sheet name in read range
RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Excel.ExcelException: Could not read range . —> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Out of present range. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002000A (DISP_E_OVERFLOW))
at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32 aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Range.get_Count()
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.ReadRange(String address, Boolean preserveFormat, Boolean& isWholeRange)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
I get this error

If you are using Read Range inside the Use Excel activity, then you can click on the + button and select the sheet to read.

Hi,

For now, can you try other ReadRange activity, either of the following

1. Use Excel File - ReadRange (ReadRangeX)

2. System-File-Workbook-ReadRange

Regards,

Do as below. It will solve your issue.

l

Input string was not in correct format. this error I Got. this error

Share the screenshot of the error and plz explain the steps which you have done. It will helpto troubleshoot.

Plz open the file “New Microsoft Excel Worksheet.xlsx”, then in the Read Range activity click on the + button. Click on Indicate in Excel-> Then select the columns to read.

In the Read Range “Excel.Sheet[“Sheet1”]” is wrong …thats why you are getting this error.

Use Excel.Sheet(“Sheet1”). or Do as above.

Hi,

Can you try to change ReadFormatting?

Or it might be corrupted worksheet.

Can you also try Workbook-ReadRange.

@Rahul_Unnikrishnan

As he uses C#, Excel.Sheet["Sheet1"] is correct syntax.

Regards,

i used workbook read range

Hi,

Can you share your workbook, if possible? It’s no problem dummy data or deleting confidential information, if we can reproduce the trouble.

Regards,

Can you open the attached project and modify in your project. Try to open and execute, if its working modify yours.

ExcelDemo.zip (65.7 KB)