Can't Read Range xlsm

Hello, I don’t like to make a topic for such a simple activity, but I really can’t find solutions to my problem.
I want to read a sheet from an xlsm file, but when I read it, I get an Excel Exception. What I don’t understand is that I can read the other two sheets in my file, and I can also use Read Cell on the sheet I want to read, it works. But Read Range doesn’t work. And yet my Excel file is not fantastic, I can’t share it, but this is what it looks like:

What could be the reasons for this error? Thank you

Hi @Rems
Did u tried Read Range under Excel activities ?

Regards,
Nived N

yes it’s the Read Range under Excel activities, not under Workbook

Hi @Rems
what exception u are getting?

Hi, I copy the complete error message

Source : Read Range

Type d'exception : UiPath.Excel.ExcelException

RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Excel.ExcelException: Impossible de lire la plage A1.  ---> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: En dehors de la plage actuelle. (Exception de HRESULT : 0x8002000A (DISP_E_OVERFLOW)) 
   à System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
   à Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Range.get_Value(Object RangeValueDataType)
   à UiPath.Excel.Helpers.AreaHelper.ExtractRangeTo2DArray[T](Range range, Boolean preserveFormat)
   à UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.ReadRange(String address, Boolean preserveFormat, Boolean& isWholeRange)
	--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   à UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelInteropActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
   à System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
   à System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

Hi @Rems
It seems with issue with cell format

check this link

same issue is reported here as well [ along with solution]

Regards,
Nived N

That was it. One of the columns was converted to date format, I don’t know why.
Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.