Excel Config File not been read

Good afternoon all,

Just starting on this Forum so Thx in advanced for any support.

On the Reframework we have a file named ‘Config’ inside the folder ‘Data’. I’m trying to read one of the ‘Name’ property value from one of my .xaml files. As you can see I’m referencing or trying to read the Config file as the proper Documentation indicates but still getting that error.

I’m having the classic error about: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” but I can’t figure out which object is not reaching. I think is not reading the ‘Config.xlxs’

Please don’t ask me to upload the .xaml since there is no need. I even made a new Reframework file, went to any of the workflows that recognizes the Config.xlsx path and call it from there and still not reading.

Why is it giving me that ‘not set to an instance of an object’ if I’m just reading the file?

Regards,

Fine

Kindly make sure that Config variable is passed as argument to this invoked workflow and that argument is used inside the workflow to access the value of that config
–this error usually occurs only when the variable associated with the actiivty has no value in it
–so we need to check first with the arguments passed to this workflow invoked and
–need to check whether that in argument is used properly or not
–then even if the argument is passed properly we can check whether we are getting value or not with a writeline activity and mention the config key value from the config dictionary variable so that we would get the value in output panel with which we can validate it whether it has or not

Kindly try this and let know for any queries or clarification
Cheers @MARIODC

You can use a MessageBox with: in_Config(“ACMEURL”).ToString before of Invoke Workflow for check if the variable has values. If message box return values pls tell us

Thx guys. Still not getting the info. Let me see if I’m complying with all the suggestions:
1)-Kindly make sure that Config variable is passed as argument to this invoked workflow and that argument is used inside the workflow to access the value of that config
As shown on the PIC the variable is passing as argument and yes it is declare as an argument inside its workflow as: in_URL/In/String (name, direction, type)

2)-this error usually occurs only when the variable associated with the actiivty has no value in it
Yes, I agree. I’ve tried to check the value with a ‘write ln’ as any regular practice to check the value of any variable/arg and is giving same error since it’s reaching the excel file

3)-so we need to check first with the arguments passed to this workflow invoked and
–need to check whether that in argument is used properly or not
Args are passing in the proper way I believe as the PIC shows.
Probably the arg is not been properly used when reaching the workflow invoking it

4)–then even if the argument is passed properly we can check whether we are getting value or not with a writeline activity and mention the config key value from the config dictionary variable so that we would get the value in output panel with which we can validate it whether it has or not
I’ve tried to used the writeln activity to check the value but nothing, not reaching the file.
How can I use to check or catch the config dictionary, that’s where I think the issue is. I’m not sure how to get the Dictionary info properly, I thought: “in_Config(“URLTEST”).ToString” it was accesing the Dictionary as I know from samples

Regards,

Thx, I’ve tried but same error since it’s not reaching the excel file that is called with the “in_Config” instruction…

So, ur problem root can be ur path of the config excel, how i understood, We need more details for can help u, ¿how u set “in_Config” variable?, ¿are u trying to get the data from “ACMEURL” column?

Hi. Yes I’m trying to get the info from that column. Definitely it’s gotta do with me not setting up that variable/argument in the proper way

Thx gentleman. In general just imaging you’re trying to read a column from ty he Excel file inside of the ‘Data’ folder on a Reframework template and then you get ‘Not Set Rederence of an Object’. At the end does not matter which column your trying to get data from, your just not ‘Accesing/Reaching’ that file.

Why?, Plz send me possible error options that may cause this behavior.

Regards,