Excel Compatibility Pop wont come to foreground

Hi,

I am having the following issue with a pop up. I am automating a Document Upload process and the following Excel pop up appears if there is an Excel being uploaded.

The pop keeps appearing the background - I have an element exists to look for it and then an if statement to attach the window and then a show window activity to bring it to the foreground.

However this isn’t working it keep appearing like the image.

Any suggestions?

Hi @sean.ryan

Have you tried with Activate activity?

or
use simulate click in the click to click on the pop up

Regards
Sudharsan

The issue because the pop up is in the background the Element Exists is failing.

May be SoftCo Dekstop window’s property is “Show on top” (just like Task Manager)
If you trying to take any action in Excel Compatibility window try to use simulate method. This might help you out.

Are you sure @sean.ryan

Element exists will work in the background too i think

Can you check your selector once again?

Regards
Sudharsan

Yes I have used Log messages to track it. The boolean for the element exists is coming back as false.

But when I ctrl tab I can see the window in the background

What Simulate method should I use?

Simulate method is property available for Click and Type into activities.

But if the element exist is coming back false how will I simulate a click on it?

check your selector again. Make sure it is dynamic (if required)

Hi,

With the Activate - should I use an element exist before or after the the Activate activity

@sean.ryan

Element exists works in background as well.

So if the window pops up and if the selector is correct then you would have true…you are getting false may be because the selector is wrong…

Please check the same

Cheers

If you and going to indicate on that compatibility popup You can use after element exists @sean.ryan

As said earlier can you please check your Element Exists selector and check it is getting validated and highlighted

If not change the selector and upload the package again

Regards
Sudharsan