Excel Application Scope: Error opening workbook. If Excel is installed, run the repair tool for Microsoft Office Interop

Hi everyone,
Can you help me please ?

I have the following error when i try to open Excel UiPath.Excel.ExcelException: Erreur lors de l’ouverture du classeur. Si Excel est installé, exécutez l’outil de réparation pour Microsoft Office Interop à partir de l’onglet Outils sur l’écran d’accueil. —> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type ‘System.__ComObject’ to interface type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Application’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}’ failed due to the following error: Erreur lors du chargement de la bibliothèque/DLL du type. (0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)). at UiPath.Excel.Helpers.ExcelInteropHelpers.GetNewComApplication()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Excel.Helpers.ExcelInteropHelpers.GetNewComApplication()
at UiPath.Excel.Helpers.ExcelInteropHelpers.StartNewApplication(ExcelStartOptions options)
at UiPath.Excel.Helpers.ComApp.ExcelComAppReferenceCountManager.InternalComAppReferenceCountManager.StartNewApplication(ExcelStartOptions startOptions)
at UiPath.Shared.ComAppReferenceCountManager`3.StartOrAttach(TComAppStartOptions startOptions, Boolean killOnJobClose, Boolean& wasAlreadyRunning)
at UiPath.Excel.Helpers.ComApp.ExcelComAppReferenceCountManager.StartOrAttach(ComAppOptions comAppOptions, ExcelStartOptions excelStartOptions, Boolean& wasAlreadyRunning)
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.AttachOrCreateNew(WorkbookArguments workbookArguments)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.<>c.<.ctor>b__57_0(WorkbookArguments args)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.Execute(NativeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

The error happened also when i use activities using microsoft office product such as power point

1 Like

@So_Moon

Welcome to the community

Is the office licensed?

cheers

thank you,

yes it is my work computer

@So_Moon

did you try running the repir tool?

cheers

@So_Moon

yes many times, it doesn’t work

@So_Moon

1. Please share the excel version
  2. If possible try t reinstall office
  3. Is the license a valid one or a cracked version?

cheers

1 Like

2. i dont have the authorizations to reinstall office , it is a work computer, but i use the repair online tool

1. it is valid license

I’m sure the problem comes from office, because i also cant use power point activities, maybe there is a corrupted version but i dont know how to find it

@So_Moon -

Repair an Office application - Repair an Office application - Microsoft Support.

Thank you, i already tried that, it doesnt fix the issue