Excel application scope : Error openning workbook. Make sure Excel is installed

Can you please clarify - all components- which all components did you reinstall?

Hello, for everyone having this problem, I solved it using the next video:

What you have to do is going to the Registry Editor (Regedit) and deleting the Win32 version from Excel. (or depending on which one you are using). The problem comes when you have the two versions in the registry.

2 Likes

Hi @lorein0688 , @Palaniyappan ,

Here is my Excel error and i was tried almost all the suggestions from you installed reinstalled even uninstalled UIpath itself but didt get any solution.

As i said you i was able to work with wps but why not with MS excel…?
even i started application with the start process but no resolution
please help me on this

======================================================================
Message: Error opening workbook. Make sure excel is installed

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
, HResult -2147024894
09:24:31.9319 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [20] $LoadAssembly: UiPath.CV, Version=19.10.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Emgu.CV.World, Version=3.4.1.2984, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Emgu.CV.World, Version=3.4.1.2984, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetDeclaringType(RuntimeType type)
   at System.RuntimeType.RuntimeTypeCache.GetEnclosingType()
   at System.RuntimeType.get_DeclaringType()
   at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#gFc(Type #4Ub)
   at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.<>c.#a1j(Type #gi)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereArrayIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#XEc(Assembly #sxc)
   at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#iFc(Assembly #sxc)
   at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.#30j(Assembly #sxc, IAssemblyName #4tc, IBinaryAssemblyMetadata #RDb)
   at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.Create(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName, IBinaryAssemblyMetadata metadata)
   at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.FileBasedAssemblyRepository.Create(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName, IBinaryAssemblyMetadata metadata)
   at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.FileBasedAssemblyRepository.GetOrCreate(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName, String location)
   at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.#uBh(Assembly #sxc, IAssemblyName #4tc, String #bVe)
   at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.Load(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName)
   at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.Load(String fullName)
   at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.ExpressionEditor.SyntaxService.LoadAssembly(LoadIntellisenseAssembliesContext context, String assemblyName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
=====================================================================

Thanks
Vamshi

I just wanted to let you know guys Uninstalling and Reinstalling Office 365 worked for me. :slight_smile:

Thankyou so much this work for me nice

This error re-occurs after every Windows Insider Update.
Reinstalling Office 365 fixes the issue, but that is a workaround. Are there any definitive solutions that do NOT require a reinstall?

The Excel is installed, but same error.
So what is the solution, please?

For everyone facing this issue , i would suggest using the package version of 5.3.1 in UiPath.excel.activities as it supports use of wps and excel both even if they are not purchased or enterprise edition.
If excel is installed in system directly using latest package would be helpful but if not… then just install wps and use excel package 5.3.1 .
Hope it helps

1 Like

Thanks for your help, It is useful for me :heart_eyes:

I was also facing Same Issue, Like Make sure Excel is Installed.
i uninstalled and Install Again. But still facing same problem.

Thank you so much it works for me…

In my case there were two versions

i deleted 1.9 version… and issue solved…
Thanks a lot…

Chears…

in this world no one is their who can solve our issue. :grimacing: :confounded: :confounded: :confounded:

everybody hv same problem
please make vedio on it.

In UiPath Studio’s Tools option there is “Repair Tool for Microsoft Office Interop”, if you use it and show the path of excel application or any other office program, your problem will be fixed!

Same problem happened to me after my office got upgraded to 2016 and downgraded back to 2010.

I tried the Repair tool - but it errors out as well. I rebooted - did not open anything except for UiPath and tried the repair tool but still same (new) error.

error:
“Cannot import. Not all data was successfully written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other processes.”

Any ideas on the next step?

1 Like

@mark.benjamin we’ve seen that some new Office updates can leave the machine in a state that require running Office’s repair from Add/Remove programs. So that is the next thing to try.

We have an open support ticket with Microsoft on this and they are investigating. If running Office’s repair doesn’t work please let us know so we can raise it with Microsoft.

1 Like

Hi All,

I too had same issue last 4 weeks today upgraded with latest OS this issue resolved.

1st install MS office then install Uipath

Thanks
Hameed

see this video

this is Solution Video on Excel error in uipath.

this may solve your problem

just see it

HINT

I spent many hours on this… Now I know, that Excel application scope is not compatible with background job. Please, check if you have Starts in Background selected as No.

If you have xlsx filetype, then use System/File/Workbook/ activities, not App Integration/Excel/ activities if you wan to have background job.

Hopefully this helps.

1 Like