Excel Application -File Opening Issue

Hi All,

I am getting error while opening the excel file. can someone please help me with this error?
FYI. Excel file is already placed at mentioned path

Excel_File_Read Excel_Read_Write_1.xaml (6.0 KB)
Also, please find the attached sequence.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Swapnil.

Hi
Kindly try with Read Range from workbook package and it has same set of activities that excel package has
Search as workbook in activity panel
Cheers @swapnilw

@ Palaniyappan

Thanks for agile reply.

Yes, we can do that, however we should use workbook activity when we are dealing with multiple workbook. in this case the we are performing operation on the same workbook, hence i want to know the reason why i am getting error.

i going through one video tutorial and trying to implement the same , the tutorial guy don’t have any issue but i am getting error.

Fine
It’s not like workbook activities can be used only when multiple workbook used
It can be used when xlsx file has to be accessed and if the excel application it’s not installed, while if we want to access the file then we can use workbook activity

Here the issue implies that excel application is not installed that’s why suggested to go for workbook activities and we won’t face any such issue
Cheers @swapnilw

@Palaniyappan

Excel application is installed on my System .

1 Like

Fine
Then kindly have a view on this thread for troubleshoot

Cheers @swapnilw

@Palaniyappan

I have used the Ranged activity from workbook package however getting same error.

Could you please advice?

Regards,
Swapnil.

1 Like

Can I have that screenshot pls
@swapnilw

Please find the screenshot, its same as getting for excl activity

1 Like

I think you are using that workbook activity inside a EXCEL APPLICATION SCOPE
Kindly remove the excel application scope and we will be able to use the workbook activities even without excel application scope
Then we won’t face this issue

Cheers @swapnilw

1 Like

I have removed the EXCEL APPLICATION SCOPE then getting below error message

Kindly advice.

Hi @swapnilw,

You always have to use excel application scope acitivity for workbook activities.

And please check below topic may be it would be helpful for you.

Hi Palaniyappan

What is your view on this? This should no be the solution.

You don;t have always admin right to delete folder from registry.

1 Like

Seems like nobody has answer of my question!

Is your excel 32bits or 64 bits?

32 bit

Then you should not have problems, if the steps you need are not complex, and the file you need to manipulate is XLSX, you can use the activities inside System->File->Workbook category

Hi
either use this package and activities in it , and for this we need excel application scope and excel application installed

or

use this from workbook package and for this we dont need use EXCEL APPLICATION SCOPE and there is no need of excel application to be installed
kindly try with this method and let know pls

Cheers @swapnilw

1 Like