Excel 2010 - Creating Pivot results in Type mismatch. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH)) Type mismatch

I am currently working on the UiPath Training Build your first Automation.
I have Excel 2010. Everything was working fine until I tried to create the pivot table.
Whenever the create pivot table activity is run, I get the following error.

Something went wrong with Excel .
Activity Create Pivot Table ( Create Pivot Table X ) failed:

Type mismatch. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH)) Type mismatch. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH))

Hi @dfredriksson

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

Could you maybe let us know if you are already using the latest StudioX version?

This is the version that in installed:

StudioX 2020.4.0-beta.472 - 4/9/2020
Community License
EXE Installer

License Provider: Internal
Activation ID: UIP-67c6f3a885

Update Channel: Preview

Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
.NET Framework Version 4.8project.json (1.2 KB) Report.xlsx (28.9 KB) RuntimeExecutionError.html (9.5 KB) RuntimeExecutionError_Template.html (9.4 KB)

Could you restart your Studio and check if it’s updated to the latest:

And then see if the issue is still there.

It would be awesome if you could share the StudioX project file that throws the error for you :slight_smile:

The article here states that since 2019.12 there is support for Excel 2010, but maybe some pivot interaction is still malfunctioning:

we are looking into this and will get back asap

Since I am new with this. Are these the files that you are looking forproject.json (1.2 KB) Report.xlsx (28.9 KB) RuntimeExecutionError.html (9.5 KB) RuntimeExecutionError_Template.html (9.4 KB)

please attach and the main.xaml file

Main.xaml (33.2 KB)

1 Like

yes indeed, is an excel 2010 only limitation: when creating the pivot table don’t use as range A:F but a more finite range like A1:F999

1 Like