Getting type - mismatched error in excel

I am using two Excel 2010 file in order to Transfer data from one file to another. I am using Excel application scopes in order to open the Excel file. The first Excel opens without a Problem but when Uipath tries to open the second Excel, then I am getting the error (Excel application scope: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH)).

Note : for transferring data I am using data table from one excel to another

Type of data I am transferring are following

1. Date type ,2) String type 3) double type 4) Integer type

Below are some temporary solutions which I have used after getting above issue

1. Some time I debug the code after getting above issue then it works fine after that
  2. Some time I just close the UI path and re-open it then works fine

Problem is, I don’t have permanent solution and this error I get 3 out of 10 times. Please help.

@jaggz007 can i have sample excel file of yours, if u dont mind

I am new user to this site that’s why application is not allowing me to upload documents

@jaggz007

Can you able to open the 2nd Excel manually.

Regards,
Mahesh

yes, i can open the 2nd excel manually and through bot also

I am reading decimal value from excel 1 and pasting that into 2nd excel, I thing this is the issue but not sure because it was working this morning with same data type but now it is not working

did u got solution , I am facing same issue.

yes, I have changed the data type of column in data table from string to double.
In my code I was passing double value from one excel to another excel through data table and the column created in data table was string type so that was the reason why I was getting mismatch error message.

Check data type of all the variables which you have used in your code and match them with your real data, they should be matched.

Hi All,

I am getting the same error for write excel application scope (Excel application scope: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH)). It is simple read from an excel and write into another excel program. Any helpCheck1.xaml (7.5 KB)

@Rita_Balmukund_Jaisw

Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

I viewed your xaml and it seems to be fine… Can you check the attached XAML and pass me the output plane and let me know what’s erring out here
Check1.xaml (7.7 KB) !!!

What I updated is, the datatable input was printed to output plane, and write range in the workbook condition…!!!

Also please do create a new ticket as the one you are posting on is 1 year old :slight_smile:

Hi Shubham,

Thanks a lot for help… it is working now…Will create new ticket

1 Like

Happy to help :slight_smile:

You can leave the ticketing for now… Do make sure to refer post to get an insight how to solve the query, else do create a new ticket if it’s something new :slight_smile:

Happy Coding :slight_smile: