Tutorial: Creating a Pivot Table - Solution does not work

I am trying to learn how to create a pivot table and I keep getting the same error no matter what I do. I am using Excel 2010 and the current community version of studio x

I tried running your solution example and I get the following error:

Something went wrong with Excel .
Activity Create Pivot Table ( Create Pivot Table X ) failed:

Type mismatch. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH))

You can find the activity following this path:
Main > Use Excel File > Create Pivot Table.

Excel file path: Suppliers.xlsx

can you please post a picture of the wf?

StudioX 2020.4.0-beta.472 - 4/9/2020

Community License

EXE Installer

License Provider: Internal

Activation ID: UIP-67c6f3a885

Update Channel: Preview

Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit

.NET Framework Version 4.8

From the details

RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Excel.ExcelException: Type mismatch. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH)) —> RemoteException wrapping
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Type mismatch. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020005 (DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH))

at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32 aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)

at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.PivotCaches.Add(XlPivotTableSourceType SourceType, Object SourceData)

at UiPath.Excel.PivotTableOperations.<>c__DisplayClass2_0.b__3()

at UiPath.Excel.ExcelContextHelper.Execute[T](Func`1 func, ExcelContext context, Object contextParams)

— End of inner exception stack trace —

at UiPath.Excel.ExcelContextHelper.Execute[T](Func`1 func, ExcelContext context, Object contextParams)

at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.XlObject[T](Func`1 func, T& excelObject, ExcelContext context, Object contextParameters)

at UiPath.Excel.PivotTableOperations.CreatePivotTable(RangeWrapper sourceRange, String destSheet, String destRange, String pivotTableName, PivotTableDescriptor
descriptor)

at UiPath.Excel.Activities.Business.CreatePivotTableX.ExecuteDoWork(ActivityContext context, PivotTableDescriptor descriptor)

at UiPath.Excel.Activities.Business.BaseParentActivityWithDescriptor`2.OnCompleted(NativeActivityContext context, ActivityInstance _)

at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityCompletionCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityContext context, ActivityInstance completedInstance)

at System.Activities.Runtime.CompletionCallbackWrapper.CompletionWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

a fix will be available next week.
meanwhile, we found is a limitation of the office 2010 when creating a pivot table. Just use a finite range for the pivot table like : A1:L999.

1 Like

Same issue. Sorry. But the workaround did not work around. Still the same error message.

office 2010?

Yep!

did you updated to latest available build in community? you get the same error?
can you please attach a pic with the wf?