Errors with outlook

Hello!

I have come across some errors while trying to send an outlook mail message.

I tried to use the Send Outlook Mail Message activity to send an email, and I have had this come up.

Outlook_Activity_Message

This is an issue because I cannot clear the box that I’ve screenshotted. UiPath won’t move onto another activity until it has finished the Mail Message activity, so I can’t use clicks to get past it.

I tried using an attach window, and then opening outlook, creating a new email, typing in the recipients, subject and body, but when UiPath attempts to type into the body, the UiPath.executor stops working, and then throws this execption.

Attach_Outlook_Message
Exit_Code_Message

Anybody got any other solutions to these issues?

Thanks in advance

Hi @william.coulson

You can change programmatic access in Outlook to prevent that popup.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3189806/a-program-is-trying-to-send-an-e-mail-message-on-your-behalf-warning-i

Cheers.

Troy

1 Like

Hey @tmays,

I have tried this but all the options are greyed out and I can’t click them. It says my anti-virus is invalid despite having one

@tmays,

I have removed McAfee from my laptop as I use Norton Anti-virus. Outlook now says the Anti-virus is valid but still doesn’t allow me to change the programmatic access

@tmays,

I ran Outlook as admin and managed to change the settings there. Thank you for attaching the Microsoft article, and thank you for your help

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.