Error running Project in UI Path Assistant / Working in Studio

Hi all,

My project seems to be running fine in Studio but when I deploy to UI Path Assistant I get the following error message -

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

• at UiPath.Excel.Activities.WorkbookActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)*
  • at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)*
  • at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)*

I currently build a three data tables when transaction number is = 1.

I then add a data row depending on if each transaction is Successful, Business Rule Exception or System Exception.

Then at the end of the process when there is no data i write range into one report with 3 sheets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

@Alexander_Ward

Is the excel path empty? if the required argument is provided

can you check

cheers

1 Like

Hi,

Here are my variables in the ‘General Business Process’

Is it anything to do with these data tables being empty at initialization of the project?

1 Like

From this the issue looks happened from the workbook activity

and please check str_Excel_Path if that is empty while being passed

cheers

1 Like

So should i pass the default value of this variable to null? Then assign it later?

1 Like

Hi @Alexander_Ward

No you need not assign it to null…But while workflow is runnign where ever you gave the path …that path is not etting carry forwarded till the read range activity.please check why it is becoming null and make sure you have the path there

cheers

1 Like

But when i run the process in Studio it is working correctly and the path is fine. It’s just not even letting me kick off the process in UI Path Assistant

1 Like

@Alexander_Ward

ok…Try deleting the project.json file…(For backup save it in another lcoation) and then reopen the main xaml again…and publish it again and check if its resolved

cheers

1 Like

After looking through my logs from UI Path Assistant the error occurs when getting transaction item. It is saying my queue doesn’t exist when it does and works in studio -

No idea what’s happening lol.

1 Like

@Alexander_Ward

That is weird

Is the queue from a different folder?

If yes then give the folder path as well

Cheers

1 Like