Error "order flags 11 failed"

Hello,

I’m troubleshooting an issue I’m having - long story short, an application suddenly closes while a robot is interacting with it, and I’m trying to understand whether it’s an issue exclusively linked to this application or if it’s due to an interaction with UiPath.

While investigating this issue I’ve found plenty of occurrences of the error “order flags 11 failed” in the Robot.log file, and I was wondering if anyone knows what this is? I couldn’t find anything in the docs, and even googling it brought very little info.

Thank you!

@Irene are you using ReFramework?

No, I’m not using it.

@Irene

This does not look like any UiPath error …look slike some internal error you are raising in process…

Can you check or tell the full error

Also did you get a chance to check the event viewer

Cheers

@Irene
Here are a few steps you can take to further investigate and troubleshoot the issue:

1. Understand the context: Check the sequence of activities leading up to the error message. Determine if there are any specific actions or interactions with the application that consistently trigger the error. This can help identify potential patterns or specific areas to focus on.
  2. Review application logs: Check the logs or error messages specific to the application you are interacting with. Look for any related errors or warnings that may provide more context or insights into the issue.
  3. Consult application support: If the error message is specific to the application you are automating, reach out to the application’s support team or consult their documentation for any known issues or troubleshooting steps related to “order flags 11 failed.” They may have more information or guidance on resolving the issue.
  4. Debug the workflow: Use UiPath’s debugging capabilities to step through the workflow and monitor the application’s behavior. Set breakpoints, inspect variables, and observe the application to identify any specific actions or events that may be causing the issue.
  5. Capture screenshots or recordings: Consider using UiPath’s screen capture or screen recording features to capture the state of the application at the time of the error. This can help in providing visual evidence or additional details to the application support team or UiPath technical support, if necessary.

Hi @Anil_G, the full error is the following:

2023-07-17T22:21:20.1309247+02:00 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Service.Host] [23.4.0.0] [RDP_XXXX_X]
order flags 11 failed

(“X” are just numbers that change from one execution to the next, but there’s nothing special about them I think)

I have several consecutive occurrences, and they happen right before the window of the other application closes. I don’t really understand what this error means.

In the Event Log there’s nothing interesting, other than the messages related to UiPath failing as a consequence of the fact that the application it has to interact with is closed automatically.

I was wondering whether this error message is somehow a clue that can lead me to the right direction…? It’s hard to say, as I don’t really know what it means.

Hi @raja.arslankhan, thanks for all of this, but I must admit I’ve already tried everything you suggested.

1- The sequence of activity is correct, and it works: if I launch it from my machine, it reaches the end smoothly. It randomly works on the virtual machines, and sometimes it doesn’t due to the fact that the 2nd application closes suddenly. I’m trying to figure out whether this application just crashes on its own, or if it’s because of an interaction with UiPath.
2- Already done. The only weird message I see is the one that I posted in my initial post. The other error messages are a consequence of the fact that the application closed unexpectedly.
3- I’ve done that too. They could confirm that the application didn’t finish loading the internal cache, but they couldn’t see a crash. They suggested that maybe the antivirus intervened when it detected an app (UiPath) trying to control a 2nd app, but I checked the logs in the Event Log viewer and couldn’t see anything (I checked Microsoft/Windows/SENSE and Microsoft/Windows/Windows Defender Microsoft/Windows/Windows Firewall with Advanced Security)
4- Done it, and even changed a bit the workflow to try an alternative version, but the behavior is the same (which leads me to think that it’s not at all an issue with the workflow itself, especially because in most conditions it works)
5- Done that too. The video perfectly shows the application closing, and the logs helped me to confirm that it closes when the robot is still up and running.

After trying all of this, I am still curious about the “order flags 11 failed” message, because maybe it can lead me towards the identification of the root cause…

@Irene

As mentioned this error does not look like any standard error that we see…so mostly it might be that this is some activity name or an error that is being raised in the process…can you please confirm…may be you can do a search in all your code to check if this being used any where try searching with order flags

cheers

Thanks Anil,
I cannot find any occurrences of this text in my code, nor in the activity names. At this stage, I guess it’s environment-related, although it’s hard to say. Anyway, I’m continuing the investigation with the internal support teams at the same time, we’ll see where that leads me.