Error opening a workbook,make sure excel is installed

I am having a problem while reading the excel file.i receive the following error “Error opening a workbook,make sure excel is installed”

whats the solution ?

@mnkyboii Do you installed excel activities

1 Like

@indra manage packages—>excel

(if this is the same one then i have installed it)

1 Like

@mnkyboii Try this once

2 Likes

@indra sure…let me give it a try

1 Like

Hi,
I’m just going to pull up a seat and observe as I am also getting this issue. Fresh install, Excel is installed and the register entry suggestion is no good. I only have 32 office installed.

mnkbuy, do you have startup errors in your logs?

Uncheck the “visible” property in “properties” panel of the read range workbook activity!

I feel this works without installing excel!

Let me know if it works

Best,
Shreyas.

The Visible property is not there, its on the Excel Application Scope. I have it unchecked and still doesn’t work.

@mnkyboii

Can you share your Excel Application scope properties screenshot here.

Thank you!

@shreyasshete…i am using excel APP integration

i have tried with workbook activities and it worked flawless…but its some issue with the reading excel file from my computer

@craigw77…This is the error i received

18.3.0+Branch.master.Sha.e9cf0bdab85f4bcf826ce750c59905c7ac073d5e

Source: Excel application scope

Message: Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed.

Exception Type: System.Exception

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Exception: Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed. ----> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass’ to interface type ‘Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel._Application’. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID ‘{000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}’ failed due to the following error: Library not registered. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)).
at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, IntPtr& ppTarget, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease)
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass.set_SheetsInNewWorkbook(Int32 RHS)
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication…ctor(String workbookPath, String password, Boolean visible, Boolean autoSave, Boolean createNew, String editPassword)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication…ctor(String workbookPath, String password, Boolean visible, Boolean autoSave, Boolean createNew, String editPassword)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.Execute(NativeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

any feasible solution for this?
i’m also getting the same error.

Hi, I am also facing same error. Please can anyone suggest what is the fix?

Try Keeping an blank Excel workbook open and then run the workflow.
It worked for me.