Error on changing TransactionItem

Scenario:

When we change the type of TransactionItem, some abnormal errors appear

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a new project with Robotic Enterprise Framework
  • Change the type of the TransactionItem (in my case DataRow)

Current Behavior:

as described above

Workaround:

Change Nothing to something else (even Nothingg) and then back to Nothing

Expected Behavior:

the Assign activity should be correct

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version:

Last stable behavior: N/A
Last stable version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 10

Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):

4 Likes

Hi,
you cannot assign nothing to transaction item which is of type data row, and the datarow is from datatable you can try like datatable.newRow.
Since the transaction item you are getting is from queue it should be of type queue item.

Let us know if this helps you.
Regards,
Pavan H

you can assign transactionitem to nothing. that happens when there is no data left to be grabbed and thus the whole process needs to be ended.

setting transactionitem to nothing is a core part in the reframework in order to end it

1 Like

show the errors instead. i can’t tell what are the errors since your screenshot does not show it

This is the error… Looks like Nothing is “UiPath.Core.QueueItem”, even if Nothing should work with all data types and just be a default value

@c.ciprian,

First delete that assign activity and drop again activity from Activity panel. Then assign Nothing to TransactionItem variable. Check it will work. Please let me know if you face any issue.

6 Likes

@lakshman
This is a workaround. I have already put another workaround in the initial post, but I still think this is a bug that should be addressed by the development team.

4 Likes

I am also facing the same issue. Sometimes removing “Nothing” and then again re-assigning “Nothing” works. But, “Nothing” should be automatically assigned to any Data Type without error.

I second that. The bug is still present in the current version of Studio. Does anyone have any updates on this topic?

2 Likes