Error - Make sure excel is installed

Hi all,

I am trying to run the excel application scope and I am stuck with this error every time I try to run it.

I have seen a few posts about this but I can’t seem to figure it out. The error message is the following:

An ExceptionDetail, likely created by IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults=true, whose value is:
System.Exception: Error opening workbook. Make sure Excel is installed. ----> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80010108 The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010108 (RPC_E_DISCONNECTED)).
at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices.AllocateUninitializedObject(RuntimeType objectType)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.CreateInstance(RuntimeType serverType)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Activation.ActivationServices.IsCurrentContextOK(RuntimeType serverType, Object props, Boolean bNewObj)
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication…ctor(String workbookPath, String password, Boolean visible, Boolean autoSave, Boolean createNew, String editPassword, Boolean readOnly)
— End of inner ExceptionDetail stack trace —
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication…ctor(String workbookPath, String password, Boolean visible, Boolean autoSave, Boolean createNew, String editPassword, Boolean readOnly)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.Execute(NativeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Please help!

I have the enterprise version (trial), but previously I was running the community one and working fine!

Thanks!

You don’t have excel installed in your system. You cannot use excel activities like excel application scope, etc. Instead you can use the workbook activities.

1 Like

Hi @dcandido

As @Sweety_Girl suggested we need excel application to be installed if we are using excel activities in our workflow
Here we have excel application scope so we need excel to take the file path we have mentioned
For more info on this
https://activities.uipath.com/docs/excel-application-scope

Cheers

1 Like

Hi! thanks for your reply.

You mean I don’t have the program installed in my computer? I must be missing something here, as I
obviously have excel installed…

Can you explain what you mean?

Hi @dcandido

The thing is we need MICROSOFT EXCEL installed in our system.
then only we can use any activities related to excel in uipath studio
that includes excel application scope, read range, write range,… anything
so if the system where you are running the process with studio, that system must have excel installed
Kindly check with that once @dcandido
you were almost done
Cheers

Hi,

Yes, I have excel installed. I have run this process hundreds of times (with community edition. now with enterprise it doesnt work). I work 90% of the time with excel, so I guess it has to be installed.

Is there maybe something about the error message you can help me with? When i first posted saying I saw posts about this error I meant posts like these (seems like its not a new problem):

So I was expecting some advice along the lines of those problems. Have you ever encountered similar problems? Can you somehow help with it?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Fine uninstall and reinstall the uipath studio and try once pls
Cheers @dcandido

I did all that, only way i can run it is if i keep a blank excel sheet open at the same time. dont know what to say

this is Solution Video on Excel error in uipath.

this is Solution Video on Excel error in uipath.

u can see and this is Solution Video on Excel error in uipath.