Error Loading Project: Studio closed the active project due to a critical internal error

I’m facing below error while loading an old project. Can you please help to understand why it is happening?

I’ve just updated Studio to 2021.10.2

21.10.2+Branch.master.Sha.19f7e4afae1b2d4fee0fe08ea1b85709993dd9cc

Studio closed the active project due to a critical internal error. You may retry to open the project.

Error: UiPath.Studio.Contracts.RecoverableException: Studio closed the active project due to a critical internal error. You may retry to open the project.
at UiPath.Studio.Project.Client.Ipc.Services.ProcessTerminatedBehavior.HandleProcessTerminatedInternal()
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Services.ProjectProcessController.b__17_0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.b__140_0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146233088

I’ve downgraded a custom activity package to a previous version and I’m able to load the project.

Difference between current version and earlier one is on some activities parameters that are (in new one) “System.Drawing.Image” instead of string… can it be due to that one only?

Is this happening everytime for you? Can you please share some more details when this is happening? When you open the project? When you try to add some activities?

Also, would you be able to share the project with us?

It appends on project loading.

I changed all in/out arguments to System.Drawing.Image and now it works.

Is there a way to have UiPath.Core.Image in VisualStudio to use it instead of System.Drawing.Image for Activities development?