Error in Installing uipath orchestrator

Hi. I trying to reinstall the orchestrator because of some issues I had on my first installation. But now I’m getting an error “A database with this name already exists and no APP_ENCRYPTION_KEY parameter was for decryption”. Someone please help me to resolve this error.

Hi Hashim,

If it is an upgrade, use the command prompt with the below parameter. For upgrade kindly use .msi installer since parameters cannot use in the UiPathPlatformInstaller.exe

UiPathOrchestrator.msi APP_ENCRYPTION_KEY=encryption_key_from_old_installation(web.config file).

If it is a new installation Change the database name while installing the orchestrator Since the database is created already with the name of “UiPath”

I’m not upgrading it.it’s just that my first installation went wrong.So trying to reinstall it. Is there any way to use the same DB which is created in the previous installation?

How to write this command in cmd during installation?.because I have face this same error.

Same problem, installer made commits to database and requires encryption key for second attempt. Problem is, no encryption key exists since installer rolled back IIS installation.

Easiest solution is to delete and create a new database, but I don’t have db_create so fml. ¯_(ツ)_/¯