Error caused by 'Excel Application Scope'

Hi

When I rum my robot from Orchestrator I get the error below. I seems to be the ‘Excel Application Scope’ that causes it. When I run the robot directly from Studio everything is working fine.

I have an O365 Excel client/App. Windows and Office fully updated.

Error Message:

Failed opening the Excel file C:\Users\USER\Downloads\Input.xlsx. Possible reasons: the file is corrupt, the file is already used by another process or you don’t have permissions to open the file.

at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.InternalOpenWorkbook(WorkbookArguments args, Boolean onlyIfWorkbookExists)
at UiPath.Excel.WorkbookApplication.Initialize(Application excelApp, WorkbookArguments args, Boolean onlyIfWorkbookExists)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.<>c.<.ctor>b__48_0(WorkbookArguments args)
at UiPath.Excel.Activities.ExcelApplicationScope.Execute(NativeActivityContext context)
at System.Activities.NativeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.ActivityInstance.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)
at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)

Any ideas?

Regards,
FlemmingPM

@fpm

Once give it a try with Workbook activities.

2 Likes

Hi @lakshman.

Are you suggesting to avoid ‘Excel Application Scope’?

In general?

Make Sure the Path is accessible and File is not in use.

Mukesh

1 Like

HINT

I spent many hours on this… Now I know, that Excel application scope is not compatible with background job. Please, check if you have Starts in Background selected as No.

Hopefully this helps.