Error after using custom packages Installation folder

Good morning, I have tried to change on our machines the installation path of packages to centralize all in one folder of our organization. However, when I modify in UiPath.config the packagesInstallationFolder parameter and open a process code that was already created, the process is not able to find all the activities, reporting errors like “File ‘Main.xaml’ - argument ‘OutArgument’: Type ‘ui:QueueItem’ (‘http://schemas.uipath.com/workflow/activities’) could not be resolved and was automatically replaced with ‘UnknownType’” and they disappear from the Activities panel. If I remove this installation path the process reopens correctly with all the activities in the panel. My Studio version is 22.10.3

@jgutierrezno

Welcome to the community

As you said you are using centralized folder I believe you are using a network path…can you confirm these please

Alternately you can check the document and validate your settings

Robot - Custom Package Folders and Network Paths.

cheers

Thank you for your response. I am indeed using a network route. Reviewing the documentation that you have passed me it is not clear how to include the user and the machine, I do not know if you know what would be the exact structure. Besides, with each machine I should be able to use the path with different users.
The problem is that the activities associated with the dependencies are not activated but the path works fine because if I enter the project and install a package from the Manage Packages button the dependencies are installed correctly in the path.

Thank you very much for your help

1 Like

@jgutierrezno

As mentioned in the documentation %COMPUTERNAME% , %Username% are the variable names which will takw the computername and username if the current computer and be replaced accordingly

Cheers

But I need to put several users for each machine so I cannot specify a single user in the UiPath.config

@jgutierrezno

These are environment variables…so depending on the user and the machine the values will be changed…you need to mention each machine name or username…please let me know if you see any issue after adding these environment variables…

When running from machine A and user U the values would be A and U …if it runs from ither combination then they run as with different values

Cheers

Sorry for the insistence, should the route look like this? CLRPACF02-PRO is the machine name and UserName is the environment variable.

With this setting it worked correctly, thank you very much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.