Encounter illegal characters in path in Write range

I encounter this error message when robot is attempting to write range for the second record in excel file (data table).

Before hitting the error, I wanted to delete range for the same excel file which contains data scrapping to prepare for the second record as it goes through a loop (for each row in data table).

How can I resolve this issue?

Hi,

There seems no WriteRange activity in the above image.
Is there just after ExcelApplicationScope activity?

If possible, can you share specific content of Workbook path property of the WriteRange?

Regards,

hi @Yoichi… thank u for the prompt reply… this is the screenshot that i can provide

Hi,

Can you share content of strExtPIPUrl variable at the WriteRange?

Regards,

Hi @Yoichi

is this what u want?

Hi,

Unfortunately no.
Can you try to put WriteLine Activity just before Write Range, and set strExtPIPUrl in WriteLine.
Next run workflow, then content of the variable will output to Output panel. Can you share this?
The error shows it contains illegal character.

Regards,

hi… it’s showing the file path of the excel file
follow up3

hi @Yoichi … after running the next workflow, i realise in the output it created an unexpected column1 as seen here
followup4

is this where the error is?

Hi,

If the above is not what you expect, need to fix it, first.
Can you check in which activity the variable is assigned the value?

Regards,

noted, thank u… i think i know what to look out for next

I can’t seem to rectify the above error. When it goes to the flow of data scrapping after the Delete Range sequence above, i will hit this error message and unable to continue the flow…

Hi,

Is content of the variable what you expect? Even if it’s good but error occurs, can you try to use ExcelWriteRange inside ExcelApplciationScope instead of WriteRange (Sysytem-File-Workbook)?

Regards,

I managed to find the solution. I needed to clear the output data of the ExtractDataTable so when it goes to the next record, the “invisible data” is erased from the robot

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.