Dynamic selectors problem

Hello.

I’m using Type into activity in a simple process to rich the text field with name = ‘ACTION’ and id = ‘ACTION’ (html source code) and write down some text.

It works on the DEV, but when I publish it to UAT machine, I’m getting following error:

Type Into ‘INPUT ACTION’: Could not find the UI element corresponding to this selector:\n<webctrl id=‘ACTION’ name=‘ACTION’

How can I make this selector dynamic? I suppose it is a problem, but don’t know how to manage it…

From the modelling screenshot we do see an open browser by a direct followed Type Into.

Usually we would sync a bot and let wait till the Page is opened properly.

We would suggest to incorporate such a synchronization (e.g. check app state - check for an element indicating the fully loading) allong with a retry scope.

ONLY for a quck check give a try by setting a delay before at the type into, to proove the hypothesis of “is not synced”

BUT then handle it afterwards properly as mentioned above

Why are you still working in classic? It’s looooong past time to be using modern. The better features and functionality would make this a simple thing to do.

1 Like

@okalinic

Did you verify screnshot?

Is the pge loaded …may be it is not opening only

Cheers

Page is loaded, but the problem is still there - text field selector can’t be found…

What do you suggest to use? What would be the best way to resolve the problem with selectors?

@okalinic

on the target system if possible try to inspect element and check if there are any differences

cheers

I’ve already done that, but the id and name of the target element are exactly the same as on the Dev server…

HI @okalinic ,

can you check if the UI is changing from dev environment to UAT environment, then try to make the selector as fuzzy selector instead of strict selector, sometimes the fuzzy selector is more flexible , it looks for partial matches and selects even though if there are variations in the attributes.

Thanks,
Pallavi.

@okalinic

are you opening incognito mode?

if yes in extension enable it

cheers

I would suggest to switch your project to modern and be on the latest version of the dependencies, then replace your activities with modern activities.

1 Like

I’ve tryed with modern activities, but still doesn’t work…

Is there a separate test and production version of the web page you’re using?

The pages I’m trying to reach are the same at DEV server and at the UAT machine…

But are the selectors the same? Do you have the URL in the selector?

1 Like

I solved the problem on the PROD machine. It was about enabling 64-bit processes for Enhanced protected mode and disabling Enhanced protected mode in the Internet Options

Now, I want to use that solution on the UAT machine, but don’t know how as it is imposible to find those options in the Internet options security. Is there another way to manage that?