Dynamic Selector using Wildcard Asterisk (*)

Dear Community,

I’ve been watching tutorials lately and have a difficult on getting the data from PDF.

The goal of the tutorial is to get the total amount of each invoices using for each loop, So I used GetText activity to get the total amount.

As I followed the instruction it says that to make it dynamic and get the total amount use the (*) and replace the current value of ctrl name

to

but what happen is if i run the file the output changed into
Thank you for your business! which is the value prior to the Total value.

I think the selector move the selected element to the first column after I replaced the Default value to (*).

is it possible to identify the specific column in the pdf table using selector editor?

Thank you in advance

Here is the PDF sample.

Hi @KennethRB

Did u Tried regex?

Hi! Thank You for responding. This is my first week learning UiPath and as of now I havent tried regex also I don’t have any idea on how to use it. But will search for it, thanks and have a nice day Nived!.

so when u put the attribute as * is the selector is being validated and also is it highlighting the total amount correctly?

@KennethRB

Welcome to forums

Just check whether you are getting the selectors as stable

If not then use Read PDF activity if PDF file is not a Image based, which will extract as a text, then use regex to find the correct amount

This will be the easy approach

Hope this helps you

Thanks

Before I run the program I validated the GetText activity and click

Highlight Button

it highlighted the Amount as indication that I selected the right element. But after I replace the Name Value on the Edit Selector to (*), validated (it turned into green) but when I tick the Highlight again it highlighted the Thank you for your business!.

This is the before image.

and After

that is why I am getting wrong value. Please Help.

Hello ksrinu070184,

I want to make a dynamic selector of amount in pdf and It is a text based, with that being said. If I proceed on using regex to find the correct amount it should be dynamic right?

I have here the sample on the selector editor.

<wnd aaname='Document Pane' cls='AVL_AVView' title='AVScrolledPageView' />
<wnd cls='AVL_AVView' title='AVPageView' />
<ctrl idx='7' role='row' />
<ctrl name='1 725,00' role='text' />

and I want this name attribute to be dynamic for 1000pdf files that i have. Hope you could help me.

Hi

Did you try to use Anchor Base activity? An Anchor would be a “TOTAL” and that could indicate a place where the amount is. But it will work if there is only one place where such a “TOTAL” sign is present and each PDF has the same structure.

Maybe that helps.