Download text file

I am trying to download the text file(txt09282018-1.txt) from the URL. However, the output is displayed on the browser itself if I am using click activity. My requirement is to download that text file to local.

Hello,

Can’t you try the “Right click, Save As…” method ?

You can also try using Get Text after it displays in the window then Write Text File

What is the activity to perform this?

I guess you would need to right click on the hyper text, then chose “Save as…”, and then input your path.

Hi @abhyudayajena
I think your solution is HTTP Request Activity.
This activity is able to download and save .txt file with “Download Resource” option.
Please see below

Is this activity available in community edition?

1. Click activity with selector as "<html title='Index of /uipath/report' /><webctrl aaname='txt08282018-1.txt' tag='A' />"
  2. Attach window activity with selector "<wnd app='iexplore.exe' cls='#32768' />"
  3. in Do section, Click activity with selector "<ctrl name='Context' role='popup menu' /><ctrl automationid='2268' />"
  4. Click activity with selector "<wnd app='iexplore.exe' cls='#32770' title='Save As' /><wnd ctrlid='1' title='&amp;Save' />"

You can also make the first selctor as dynamic one by using variable

Yes. It’s available in CE.
If you can not find in web activities, you need to check Manage Packages.

I can only see mail under App Integration. And also in manage I couldn’t fine web.

don’t worry.
Let’s check the second page in Package Manager.

Thanks got it… however now my requirement is to download all the text files to local which contains 09282018 from the URL. In this scenario 3 files contains 09282018. How to download all the three files?

Any suggestions for my requirement?

did you tried my suggestion?

1. Click activity with selector as "<html title='Index of /uipath/report' /><webctrl aaname='txt09282018*.txt' tag='A' />"
  2. Attach window activity with selector "<wnd app='iexplore.exe' cls='#32768' />"
  3. in Do section, Click activity with selector "<ctrl name='Context' role='popup menu' /><ctrl automationid='2268' />"
  4. Click activity with selector "<wnd app='iexplore.exe' cls='#32770' title='Save As' /><wnd ctrlid='1' title='&amp;Save' />"