Download multiple Files form excel

Im working on a project that has me log into a website and download multiple excel files. Below are the steps i have taken.

1. built a bot to log into website
  2. navigate through website with multiple click and password activities
  3. identify excel files for download
    4.download excel files
    5.combine downloaded excel files

I have number 1 and 2 finished just looking for a idea on how to accomplish tasks 3-5. Any help would be appreciated .

Steps 3 and 4 are highly dependent upon the interface where you’re getting the files, so this is something you can experiment with using the web recorder to determine how to navigate the menus. For information on fine-tuning your code, I recommend the academy.uipath.com courses.

For 5, I can give a direct suggestion. When you get the files, if they all have the same columns, you can read the files one by one into a datatable, read each file with a For Each activity, and then use the Merge Datatable activity to put all of the rows from all Excel files in the same table. If you need all of this information exported to one Excel document, use Write Range to output your new datatable.

1 Like

Anthony,
Thanks for your response, for step 3 used web recorder like you suggested and that seems to be the best way to go. I have gotten the excel files downloaded now working on step 5 thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.