Document Understanding, examples other than Invoices

Hi,
I am trying to extract data, using DU from documents that are work reports, written in a tabular layout, somehow; no invoices, nor receipts, etc.

I tried using Intelligent Form Extractor, created Templates for two types of docs (Classifier, have two types), selecting two rows on the first type of document, respectively one row on the second type of document, using Custom Areas; when I extract the data, I get the data only from the Custom Areas used to define the templates.

Is this the right behavior?
If I have ten more other rows, how could I make the Robot to extract the data from the other 10 rows, based on the template defined?

i.e. below: I used the first two template, marked with one vertical line, to create the Template. How could I get the data from the 3rd row, marked with two vertical lines?

Thanks for your hints.
Cheers!

Hello @coty.8001!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hi @coty.8001
The intelligent form extractor is position based so it should be used on forms that are always the same, ie never change .
IF you are working on reports that have an undefined number of rows then
I don’t think the form extactor will work for you as your report is essentially different each time.
You could try using the machine learning extractor.
In order to do this you will need AI Fabric on your orchestrator.
If your in the community edition you can request an enterprise trail which will give you access to this .
You will also require access to Data labelling in AI Fabric , which is only available on pre-release at the moment.
You can request access to this through https://insider.uipath.com/

There is a course on UIPAth Academy on AI Fabric

Hopefully that will help .