Dispatcher with ReFramework upload to queue best practice

Greetings,

I’m wondering which is the recommended way to have a dispatcher robot built with the ReFramework to upload items to a queue (from an Excel file, in this particular case).

First, you may say that for such a simple task, the dispatcher doesn’t need to have its own ReFramework. This is basically what they do in the “ReFramework_UiDemo” exercise, where they just create a workflow call “Dispatcher – UploadQueue.xaml” next to the Performer’s Main.xaml and run it as its own file. Here my first worry is that the dispatcher is basically inside or part of the performer robot. So I wanted to confirm if the consensus really is that the dispatcher doesn’t really need to be its own project. But, assuming you can take it out of the performer and make it its own project, and also use the ReFramework for the dispatcher, how would that look?

I did manage to see a user on the UiPath forum leaving an example of how he did it within the framework. In the Init stage, right invoking InitAllApplications.xaml, he just invokes his own workflow, which outputs the DataTable with the Excel file’s contents into the TransactionData global variable. He then seems to pass this global variable to his GetTransactionData.xaml, gets the TransactionItem, and in the Process.xaml, he finally uploads it to the queue.

Any guidance would be great, thanks!

I agree that for a dispatcher this simple, it should be in the Init stage. The only step for reading the data is a Read Range activity, so having an entire REFramework would over-engineer the process.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. What you say is understandable, but I’m trying to figure out how something like this can be done in the case where the dispatcher is not so simple. However, if dispatchers tend to be this simple (at least when reading from an Excel file), then maybe I shouldn’t worry too much about this. That said, do you know of any example out there with a more complicated dispatcher? Ideally one using the ReFramework?

Dispatchers in general are usually simple unless the bot needs to gather data from a lot of resources to prepare for processing. A simple example is to create a dispatcher by scraping table data from a website (the academy training will eventually lead you to a model like this).

This can get even more complex if the information you need in order to process the account comes from multiple websites and/or applications. There may be some websites that are down, causing errors, selector changes, or other issues which makes using the REFramework useful for the dispatcher to properly debug why the data was not properly gathered.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.