Datatable filter with values from another datatable

I have 2 Data tables. 1st tables needs to be filtered based on the records of 2nd table. 2nd data table has only one column but the value and count is dynamic.

Is there any filter condition that I can use or any other method

1 Like

Hey @pandeypriyanka1312

Kindly use Join Data Tables

Type - Inner Join

Hope this helps

Thanks
#nK

@Nithinkrishna , Data type of the matching column is String in one table and double in 2nd table… how to work with this?

Hi @pandeypriyanka1312,

Is there any common column present in both the datatables?

Regards,
@90s_Developer

@90s_Developer There is only one common column in the 2 tables. But their data type is different… Both there DT are created from reading 2 excel files. Can’t control the type in excel.

Hi @pandeypriyanka1312 ,

If the Date is represented in a Double format, meaning it should be an ODate representation. We would require some data of that to be confirmed.

However, if it is an ODate, you can Convert it to DateTime first and then into the string format required for comparison using the below Expression :

DateTime.FromOADate(yourDoubleValue).ToString("MM/dd/yyyy")

@supermanPunch … The cell values are not date. They are numbers… The only problem with the join activity is mismatch in data type of the matching columns.

@pandeypriyanka1312 ,

We could convert the Double Format into Date Format as required by the first Datatable value for Comparison.

To Do this we would have to add another column to the Second DataTable. We would have to iterate through each double Date value Convert it to DateTime format using the above Expression I mentioned

We can then use the Join datatable Activity and compare the dates as it would be in the same format.

The date format similarity between both datatable would need to be confirmed before Join.

@supermanPunch … Thank you… This solution worked.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.