Data Scraping bot

should I purchase uipath orchestrator to run very simple bot to just scrap data from multiple places?
I’m new to these things so I need some ideas.

1 Like

hi @ifenilpatel

• What’s the exact nature of your scrap data ?
  • Is the data to be scrapped in bulk ?
  • How long do you think your bot will be running
  • Does it need to run in a scheduled basis ?
1 Like

hi @Shubham_Varshney

1. It will scape the product name , prices and links
    • based on that link more info about the product that’ s it.
  2. how long? I guess based on category it maybe hundreds of records
  3. yes i need to scheduled as well

As per your requirement, I’ll suggest

1 unattended bot and 1 orchestrator this will lead you to have 2 machines or a 1 machine if multi-login is enabled :slight_smile:

The scheduling basically can be controlled via Orchestrator and the scrapping can be actually done without human intervention or requirement!!!

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

@Shubham_Varshney
Currently, I created bot only for one website. what if in near future there is more then 2 or 3?

Yup, unattended is the write way to go… You can upscale easily using the orchestrator!!!

Also each robot can work on multiple process depending on the free time :slight_smile:

Thank you so much @Shubham_Varshney, but one more silly question, on a single project I have to create multiple sequence for multiple website is it so?

Can you elaborate on your query ?

@Shubham_Varshney
first thing I created one bot and using uipath robot I will run that and it will work completely ok.
but now the problem is what if I need to create more then one bot! each bot for each site, in that case, what should I do?

ummm, all you need to do is add the process to the orchestrator now :slight_smile:

If the robot is free from another process it will pick the next in queue item and start working on the new robot :slight_smile:

You can also re-use components accordingly

@Shubham_Varshney one last question.
I need to understand more, as per the,
if you an individual (natural person) customer and use it only on one computer. from the official site.
I just want to run from my local PC in that should I go for the orchestrator? the reason is, it is going to very costly for me.

If you are on cost cutting, I would suggest go for an attended bot… But that will require you to trigger the bot…

Now if we go for unattended buying an orchestrator is a must :frowning:
I know but that’s an requirement

@Shubham_Varshney Thank you!

1 Like

@ifenilpatel
If you only want to do a data scraping I think there are better, simpler and cheaper options in the market. Like this: http://www.fminer.com/

But I’m pretty sure you can find a lot more out there!
Or, if you want to go the advanced way, you could also build your own scrapper. using something like this: How to Web Scrape with Python in 4 Minutes | by Julia Kho | Towards Data Science

I mean, buying a license for such a simple requirement doesn’t seem like a good fit for your problem.

Hope it sheds some light on your issue. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Luisfemm Thank you for your time.
Yes, I tried other tools but the UiPath is perfect for me!
because there is so many thing like paging, on scroll product load, click and after that on scroll product load, something like there are so many custom things to just get the data.
Is there any other tool like UiPath ?

Hmm.

If you just want to purchase the bot, whether it be unattended or not you can.

You don’t need orchestrator to start an unattended bot. The company I currently work for do not have orchestrator, but we use a case management system to start processes through the bot.

Previously we kicked it off using emails sent to the bots account.

We schedule jobs using emails / the CRM with just reoccurring emails / tasks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.