Customise alerts to ignore unresponsive attended robots

Would be nice to see the option (can’t see the option currently but happy to be advised if there is the option!) to turn off alerts for certain robot types (IE Attended).

The situation I have currently is I need the alerts for if/when an unattended robot goes offline, but by having alerts turned on, I also get alerts for when attended robots go offline.

We have attended robots installed on user machines, so every time they reboot/shut down at night, these go unresponsive so I’m bombarded with alerts for these which clog up my mailbox.

Is this a potential improvement that could be looked into?

I guess this falls under the same “improvement” too - would be nice to be able to customise the pie chart to show only robots I need to know the status of (ie, same scenario as above, ignore attended robots)

This is my current chart - of course it looks like the whole system is going to crumble but in reality… the attended user machines are just logged off/shut down!

I specifically came here to report this issue as well. I do not see an option either. It’s either that you receive email notifications or not, there does not appear to be much granularity in terms of what is sent. This is definitely something that is annoying, especially because this even happens when I put my laptop to sleep to go to meetings, blasting everyone with an email when I go to and from different locations.

The only thing I can think to do is to only subscribe to email alerts for production and connect one’s personal bot to a dev Orchestrator.

Any update on this? Still getting bombarded with 100+ emails a day telling me attended bots are going offline…

I made a topic in July about this as well. Specifically for my development bot email notifications. I know the bot is offline because if it wasn’t my computer would be doing things on its own!

What we have ended up doing is setting our development and QA environments to not send emails. That seems to have done the trick, but of course then we’re potentially missing out on actual error messages that we’d want to see. The people that would need to see them of course have access to Orchestrator and would be able to research whether there were any issues which seems to be a small price to pay to not get bombarded with emails.

Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. I added it to our internal ideas tracker for our team to consider.

1 Like