Create a project with multiple processes to run one after other. If one fails, skip that and proceed further with the next process.

Create a project with multiple processes to run one after other. If one fails, skip that and proceed further with the next process.

Use Case Description

Hi,

I have an use case where i need to create more than 50+ different processes within a project, where i will be logging into a client’s website and download a file and then close the browser.

We have 100+ clients, the webpage design and steps followed differs from client to client.

My use case is as follows:

Step 1: Launch Client 1 webpage
Step 2: Login
Step 3: Go to specific page and download the report.

Step 4: Launch Client 2 webpage
Step 5: Login
Step 6: Go to specific page and download the report.

Step 7: Launch Client 3 webpage
Step 8: Login
Step 9: Go to specific page and download the report.

The step goes on until the nth client’s report is downloaded.

My Question is: Is there any possible way that if due to some issue (technical or exception) occurs for one client, log the information/error and proceed the process further with the next client and complete the project until the report is downloaded for nth client.

Ex: The report is downloaded successfully for clients 1, 2, 3, 4… 40. The process fails for the 41st client. I should log the details of the issue/error and proceed with the 42nd client and complete until the nth (100th) client.

Please suggest what approach to follow and let me know how to achieve my above said use case.

Your help and support are much appreciated.

AS-IS WORKFLOW, TO-BE WORKFLOW

-

Other information about the use case

Industry categories for this use case: Information Technology and Services

Skill level required: Beginners

UiPath Products that were used: UiPath Studio, UiPath Orchestrator

Other applications that were used: -

Other resources: -

What is the top ROI driver for this use case?: Accelerate growth and operational efficiency

Hi @Karthikeyan_CS ,

You can use try catch with do containing process for a client and loop this try catch activity in for each for all clients.

In the catch section just use log message instead of rethrow.

I guess it will help and process without stopping for all clients.

Thanks & Regards,
Dibyaprakash

Hi.
You can use queues to store login credentials for all your clients using “Add queue item” in a loop. This will be the first part of the process.

Now with the built-in features of ReFramework you can run your process for every queue item(Client Login) and as you mentioned if any error occurred that particular queue item will be failed hence it will skip that queue item and proceed to next.

Thank you

Hi @Karthikeyan_CS
You can try launching jobs inside your workflow for each process with a try catch and proper exception handling on every process so that if an error occurs, it goes to the next client:

This worked great for my requirement.

Many Thanks
Karthikeyan CS

If you could please explain the steps a bit more in detail, it would be really helpful as im new to UiPath and in beginner stage now.

Hi @Karthikeyan_CS,

You need to put a foreach loop with data table containing all clients information

Withing this foreach loop use try catch activity

Place all processes withing this try’s do sequence
And put a log message in the catch section.

Note: Dont place any throw or rethrow activity within this catch activity, otherwise it can’t process remaining clients.

Regards,
Dibyaprakash

You can mark it as solution if it was helpful for you.

Thanks for the information brother.

Mark as solution.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.