Create a project with multiple processes to run one after other. If one fails, skip that and proceed further with the next process

Hi,

I have an use case where i need to create more than 50+ different processes within a project, where i will be logging into a client’s website and download a file and then close the browser.

We have 100+ clients, the webpage design and steps followed differs from client to client.

My use case is as follows:

Step 1: Launch Client 1 webpage
Step 2: Login
Step 3: Go to specific page and download the report.

Step 4: Launch Client 2 webpage
Step 5: Login
Step 6: Go to specific page and download the report.

Step 7: Launch Client 3 webpage
Step 8: Login
Step 9: Go to specific page and download the report.

The step goes on until the nth client’s report is downloaded.

My Question is: Is there any possible way that if due to some issue (technical or exception) occurs for one client, log the information/error and proceed the process further with the next client and complete the project until the report is downloaded for nth client.

Ex: The report is downloaded successfully for clients 1, 2, 3, 4… 40. The process fails for the 41st client. I should log the details of the issue/error and proceed with the 42nd client and complete until the nth (100th) client.

Please suggest what approach to follow and let me know how to achieve my above said use case.

Your help and support are much appreciated.

are they 100 different webpages ?

Hi @Karthikeyan_CS and welcome to the Uipath forum.
I think the best way to achieve that is to loop through the list of clients and download the report. You can put a try catch clause inside your loop so that if an error occurs, it goes to the next iteration (next client) and does not block the rest of the clients.
Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Yes. Each client has different websites and their flows are different from each other. (Ex: Gmail, Yahoo, Outloook. Goal is to read the email, but the clients and workflows are different from eachother)

Each client have its own workflow, it is different from each other.

Looping is possible only if the workflow is same for all the clients, in my case it is different for every clients.

Hi @Karthikeyan_CS.

You can take Client1 whole process in a Try Catch activity. If the process will fail due to any reason the BOT will just skip that process and move further to the next one.

Your use case in Try Catch :

Try:
Step 1: Launch Client 1 webpage
Step 2: Login
Step 3: Go to specific page and download the report.

Catch:
Empty

Try:
Step 4: Launch Client 2 webpage
Step 5: Login
Step 6: Go to specific page and download the report.

Catch:
Empty

Try:
Step 7: Launch Client 3 webpage
Step 8: Login
Step 9: Go to specific page and download the report.

Catch:
Empty

And the step goes on until the nth client’s report is downloaded.

Regards
Awais Ali Qamar

@Karthikeyan_CS
You can try launching jobs inside your workflow for each process with a try catch and proper exception handling on every process so that if an error occurs, it goes to the next client:

Hi @Karthikeyan_CS
Glad you could find a solution :slight_smile:
Can you please close this topic too, as it’s a duplicate.
Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.