Crashed UiPath and everything is now hidden

Kinda crashed UiPath due to cpu usage and now the entirety of the activities to sequences are gone, reinstalling did not seem to help and I keep retrieving the error above on startup for every different process.

This is what I meant by “gone”.

Any ideas how I can restore the ability to view and manipulate the activities?
I tried debugging it blindly and the codes still seem to work, so its just the view thats the problem. Any pointers are appreciated :slight_smile: !

20.10.6+Branch.master.Sha.37657ef79003ea8751ac4efb35736eeeace8b2ce

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Error: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot place windows in MDI since no MDI host (TabbedMdiHost, StandardMdiHost, etc.) was located as the direct child of the DockSite's Workspace.
   at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.Logic.LayoutChangeProcessor.#58i(DockingWindow #sb, DockHost #d6i, DockingWindowState #Zb, Nullable`1 #Fwf)
   at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.Logic.LayoutChangeProcessor.#V8i(DockingWindow #sb, IDockTarget #F8i, Nullable`1 #Zb, Nullable`1 #Fwf, Int32 #G8i)
   at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.Logic.LayoutChangeProcessor.Open(DockingWindow #sb)
   at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.DockingWindow.Open()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Behaviors.DockSiteViewModelBehavior.OpenDockingWindow(DockingWindow dockingWindow)
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.Behaviors.DockSiteViewModelBehavior.OnDockSiteWindowRegistered(Object sender, DockingWindowEventArgs e)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.DockSite.RaiseWindowRegisteredEvent(DockingWindow window)
   at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.DockSite.EnsureDockingWindowRegistered(DockingWindow window, Boolean wasContainerForItem)
   at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.DockingWindow.set_DockSite(DockSite value)
   at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.DockSite.AddContainers(IList`1 containers, IList items, Int32 index, DockingWindowItemKind kind)
   at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Docking.DockSite.OnDocumentItemsSourceCollectionChanged(Object sender, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.OnCollectionChanged(NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1.InsertItem(Int32 index, T item)
   at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.Add(T item)
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass139_0.<ResolveDocumentEditor>b__0()
   at UiPath.Studio.Shared.MVVM.Services.DispatcherExtensions.Invoke(Dispatcher dispatcher, Action action, Boolean onlyBeginInvokeWhenNoAccess)
   at UiPath.Studio.Shared.MVVM.Services.DispatcherService.Invoke(Action action, Boolean onlyInvokeWhenNoAccess)
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.<ResolveDocumentEditor>d__139.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at UiPath.Studio.Shell.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.<DocumentServiceDocumentOpened>d__137.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler), HResult -2146232828

More details from the startup error log

Also I’m using an old version 2020.10.6 Community License, cant install the newer ones as im using an ancient work laptop at 32bits

bump, only other solution ive found on the forums was to run as admin but im unable to gain access to it… anyone has any other alternatives? bump

Not sure if it will fix this problem or not, however try the following:

1- Update MS Office if possible, the first screenshot complains about excel… too smal to read :slightly_smiling_face:
2- Re-install Dot Net Framework.

Let us know if it works for you… it’s a bummer…

Best of luck!!!

Hello @lmoham

I am facing the exact same error that you have and i now cant event see my workflow created.

Running via admin access is not feasible within my organisation.

Did you manage to resolve this?

@pradeep-shukla @loginerror

Thanks in advance!
Jack

What is your studio version @robot_learner ?

Hello @pradeep-shukla

V2020.10.4

It is an out of support version, I would suggest to upgrade to a latest version to avoid any issues. Have you tried using the suggestions I have made in my previous comments.

https://docs.uipath.com/overview/other/latest/overview/out-of-support-versions