Could not connect to UiPath Robot Service when run (F5) .xaml

Scenario: When run the exercise on trial version, get “System.Exception: Could not connect to UiPath Robot Service.”

Steps to reproduce: Open UI Path existing exercise of file extension .xaml and click Run or press F5.

Current Behavior: The ‘UI Robot *32.exe’’ is already running viewed in Windows Task Manager.

Expected Behavior: 15:03:41:641 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Workflow.Logging.StudioTraceListener] [32] System.Exception: Could not connect to UiPath Robot Service. Make sure the service is started!

at UiPath.Models.UiPathProxy.CheckAvailability()
at UiPath.Models.UiPathProxy.StartJob(JobModel job)
at UiPath.Models.UiPathDuplexProxy.StartJob(JobModel job)
at UiPath.Workflow.Execution.WorkflowRunner.StartJob(JobModel job)
at UiPath.Workflow.Execution.WorkflowRunner.Run(String workflowFilePath, String projectName)
at UiPath.Workflow.ViewModels.MainViewModel.RunWorkflow()
at UiPath.Workflow.ViewModels.MainViewModel.<get_RunWorkflowCommand>b__73_0(Object param)
at UiPath.Workflow.RelayCommand.Execute(Object parameter)

Studio/Robot/Orchestrator Version:

Last stable behavior:
Last stable version:
OS Version: Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
Others if Relevant: (workflow, logs, .net version, service pack, etc):

Hey @Vishal_Khorasia

just go to run explorer and type "services.msc and hit enter.

then go to UiPath Robot Service and start it if not started or if already started then try to restart it.

when it will start then run your workflow. :slight_smile:

Regards…!!
Aksh

4 Likes

Thanks. Working now.

Not sure why 'UIRobot.exe" viewed in Task Manager is already running still I get the error. However after following your instruction the execution is working. But again viewed in Task Manager and I see two ‘UIRobot.exe’ running. Any reason ?
Happen to notice. While running UI Path Studio it runs two services in parallel viewed in Task Manager, One ‘UIStudio.exe’ and second ‘UIRobot.exe’ !!

Well @Vishal_Khorasia

UiPath Till version 2016.2.* comes with a bundle of UiPath studio and Uirobot . So to use even UiPath Robot service you have to install UiPath studio as well.

But from future release 2017.1.* This will be possible to install them separately as per your use.

Like you can Use UiPath studio to develop your project on development system and you can use standalone Uirobot service on production system to only run your published projects.

Regards…!!
Aksh

Thanks @aksh1yadav

Dear all
I’m Rookies of this field. As duty on new project in company, i have to research about RPA and UiPath also.
When i try to some examples using Ui Robot. Althrought i already connect to orchestra and make one Robot. But when click F5 on my example (Guess Number), Robot not running. Studio windows just minimize and maximaze again on my desktop.
UiRobot

Please help to check what happen with my example

What studio version are you using?

I have the same error as my studio is unable to connect to UiPath Robot. I’ve followed the suggestions on here, here:Could not connect to UiPath Robot Service. Make sure the service is started! - #11 by acaciomelo, and here: Uipath studio error, could not connect to uipath robot service - #5 by Vojtech_Bures, but haven’t had any luck.

Any other ideas?