Copying from windows clipboard and pasting in excel...why is this so difficult?

at work we have an old system that runs in java and doesn’t seem to play well with uipath. I have been able to work pretty well utilsing type into and mouse click commands. one of the mouse click commands I have is for uipath to click on the copy button of the program. That button copies the data on the screen as text. My next step is to open an excel document and paste that text into a1 sheet1. it never works. ive tried type into utilizing the “[d(ctrl)]v[u(ctrl)]”. Ive tried sending the hotkey ctrl and v, ive tried the write cell activity, ive tried select range and then the type into command… nothing works. I’m a complete novice at this (about 4 hours experience now, 3 hours trying to figure out why the hell i can’t just copy and paste). There has to be an easier way to do this. I just want to copy and paste. I don’t think the clipboard option in uipath would work because the sequence clicks the button on the java program where it copies the info to the windows clipboard.

oh and every time i click on the excel sheet and hit ctrl+v the text pastes right in… i just can’t make this robot do it to save my life

1 Like

I’m having the exact same issue - it is a large size so it might be causing the issue