Pasting into an excel

Hi all,

`

I’m working on a web application in Remote desktop environment and trying to drag from at the top to bottom and copying that text using ‘Selected text’ activity and pasting into a excel with ‘write range’ activity. But the data is copying into a single cell that is not what i wanted, the data must be pasted into a all columns from starting cell value. So can anyone please suggest me.

`

hi @Shivaraju, can you send a screenshot of what you mean?

Are you trying to coy from a table in a web application, into an excel file? if so then you should use the data scraping tool to get the table from the webpage, and it will take it as a datatable variable type, pass this to a write range excel activity to write the datatable to the excel file of your choosing.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply @Djh

`
  • Data scraping will not work in remote desktop that’s why I’m trying to select the required text by dragging and selecting it.

`

Yeah I think that will be a problem because UiPath will just read it as a string and you will loose the table. is the excel also int he RD environment? You can usually copy and paste through a RD, can you elect the table in on the webpage, then send hotkey Ctrl+C to copy the selected table, then send hotkey to Excel window Ctrl+V to paste, it may keep the table configuration…

1 Like

Excel was in local machine.
I’m not getting how to pass the send hotkey command into a excel and paste in it.
Can you please explain me in detail because I’m new to uipath.

The send hotkey activity in UiPath will require that you select a window to perform the action on, so when you are copying the selected text from the webpage, you will want to indicate the webpage (or possibly the RDS window itself if you cant get the web window). Then when you are sending the next hotkey activity into Excel to paste the table, you need to indicate the excel window. (note excel will already need to be open)

NB - if the paste into excel window isnt working, you may need to put a click activity, before the second Send Hotkey, and click into the excel sheet, so that the Ctrl-V action knows to where to paste it.

2 Likes

Thank you for Immediate reply @Djh
I will try to implement of what you have said now.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.